Managers play a vibrant, integral role at Huron. Their invaluable knowledge reflects in the projects they manage, and the teams they lead. As change leaders, our Managers build long-standing partnerships with clients, while collaborating with colleagues to solve clients’ most pressing business challenges. Huron Managers shape and deliver results that seamlessly align with client goals, visions and missions. Remarkably versatile, our Managers also spend significant time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team—where they share expertise as well as feedback and encouragement. This benefits Huron profoundly as it promotes a culture of respect, unity, collaboration, and personal achievement.
Huron is big enough to offer the opportunity and exposure you need for your career growth—but small enough to give you individual attention needed for professional development. Every colleague contributes to who we are as an organization—and the more you evolve, the more we do. Create your future at Huron.
The Operations Manager be responsible for the day-to-day management of Huron Managed Services domestic business office. They will support the domestic business office staff as the main point of contact for time management, inquiries about support services, interpretation of policies and dissemination of new direction and information.
The Operations Manager will report directly to the Domestic Associate Vice President of Revenue Cycle and work in close collaboration with the performance manager and corporate support teams. This position is critical to the consistent service delivery of revenue cycle management to multiple clients and has a direct responsibility to the group’s financial performance.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
· Complete staff to demand analytics for project and client scope, allocate the appropriate DBO staff resources based on need and skillset
· Manage the onboarding process for new clients, staff assignments, and point solutions including coordination of system access, equipment, required trainings, and onboarding expectation discussions with the client and DBO performance manager.
· Understand the client expectations for hours of operation and appropriately align staff to meet shift expectations
· Monitors the unit utilization and provides regular reporting on unit time allocation and financial impact/spend in each time category
· Creates and maintains unit budget and utilization key performance indicators, including project and client specific budgets and monitoring
· Coordinate with RC Analytics and IT to ensure necessary reporting is accurate and up to date, including time entry, computer activity, and client activity log reporting
· Review and approve all employee time including time-off, client billable time, and overtime
· Work closely with the DBO Performance Manager on staff performance escalations and concerns related to absence and time reporting
- Knowledge of accounting systems and insurance issues, healthcare industry issues and trends, legal issues in field of expertise, required third party and governmental guidelines, and work processing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and an ability to relay information in an effective manner
· Flexible and adaptable to change
· Comfort operating and making decisions in ambiguity
· Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize initiatives based on risk and benefit profile, manage multiple initiatives at once, respond to email and phone calls timely, and create/manage to a project workplan where needed
· Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to interpret large data sets and translate outcomes into recommendations for improvement
· Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or Health Administration preferred) and 5+ years of experience within revenue cycle operations, revenue metrics and analytics, and revenue management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a multi-facility, integrated health care delivery system or consulting experience preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)