Managers play a vibrant, integral role at Huron. Their invaluable knowledge reflects in the projects they manage, and the teams they lead. As change leaders, our Managers build long-standing partnerships with clients, while collaborating with colleagues to solve clients’ most pressing business challenges. Huron Managers shape and deliver results that seamlessly align with client goals, visions and missions. Remarkably versatile, our Managers also spend significant time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team—where they share expertise as well as feedback and encouragement. This benefits Huron profoundly as it promotes a culture of respect, unity, collaboration, and personal achievement.
Huron is big enough to offer the opportunity and exposure you need for your career growth—but small enough to give you individual attention needed for professional development. Every colleague contributes to who we are as an organization—and the more you evolve, the more we do. Create your future at Huron.
The Performance Manager is responsible for the continuous monitoring and improvement of individual and collective employee performance for Huron’s Managed Services Domestic Business Office. They will support DBO staff through coaching conversations, career planning, development and training plans, and oversight of annual performance reviews. The Performance Manager will collaborate with corporate support teams to assist with recruiting efforts and manage employee performance, including occurrence tracking and termination discussions.
The Performance Manager will report directly to the Domestic AVP of Revenue Cycle and work in close collaboration with the operations manager and client leadership. This position is critical to the consistent service delivery of revenue cycle management to multiple clients and is considered a value driver and market differentiator for our managed service offerings.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
· Create and maintain policies related to employee performance, including productivity and quality standards.
· Coordinate with the operations manager and HMS client to set expectations for new project performance standards and long-term monitoring of performance. Including the creation of any required reporting, extracts, or auditing procedures.
· Understand the DBO employee skillset and develop curriculum for team members to cross train and develop new, marketable skills within our revenue cycle operations.
· Responsible for the annual performance review program for DBO employees
· Assigns and monitors occurrences based on the Huron Managed Services Discipline Policy
· Serves as a liaison between the HMS client and business officer to provide regular reporting on performance; coordinates with operations manager and AVP to measure the value of performance for the client.
· Manages any HMS client concerns related to individual HMS staff performance.
· Escalates barriers to effective performance to HMS leadership, including client environment issues and resource constraints.
· Oversees rounding program and other programs to support employee engagement.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and insurance issues, healthcare industry issues and trends, legal issues in field of expertise, required third party and governmental guidelines, and work processing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and an ability to relay information in an effective manner
· Flexible and adaptable to change
· Comfort operating and making decisions in ambiguity
· Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize initiatives based on risk and benefit profile, manage multiple initiatives at once, respond to email and phone calls timely, and create/manage to a project workplan where needed
· Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to interpret large data sets and translate outcomes into recommendations for improvement
· Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or Health Administration preferred) and 5+ years of experience within revenue cycle operations, revenue metrics and analytics, and revenue management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a multi-facility, integrated health care delivery system or consulting experience preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)