At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Intellectual Property team is seeking highly talented undergraduate level students to fill consultative, client-focused, technical sales intern roles.
At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind, and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
This is a summer 2022 position. Applicants should be rising Junior or rising Senior students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the areas of Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or similar disciplines. Intern positions are in major cities across the US.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM solves the world’s problems. Be a part of the solution!
You will actively:
• Help clients grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven AI, Cloud, and hardware technology solutions
• Work with clients to drive revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, and/or proof-of- concepts
• Prospect for new business to generate interest in IBM offerings
• Drive client value and client satisfaction by using your technical expertise to address client business challenges
• Grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions, and industry applications to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
• Work in a rapidly changing environment where no two days are the same
• Interact with a variety of other talented, motivated colleagues
This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work on business development for any of the following brands and areas: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud, Internet of Things, Security or Systems Hardware – Business areas and brands including: IBM Intellectual Property, Cloud and Cognitive Services, IBM Consulting, Data & AI, Patent Tech and Licensing, Research, Systems and more.
The goal of the internship is to have hands on experience working with an experienced IBM business development person on their active client engagements. Candidates must be willing to work onsite in Yorktown Heights, NY.
Brand Technical Sales Specialist Interns have a passion for sales and are successful in the following:
• Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
• Conversant and knowledgeable about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
• Capacity to grasp and communicate technical details
• Team collaboration and leadership
• Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
• Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Registered full-time university undergraduate student (must be rising junior or rising senior)
• Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or similar disciplines
• English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Prior work experience as a seller intern or worked in a sales capacity
• Programming/development coursework or experience