As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Enterprise Strategy is a management consulting group focused on business strategy in the digital age. We advise clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human-centered design with an understanding of emerging technologies and platforms.
IBM Enterprise Strategy is the “tip of the spear” for IBM’s engagement with senior business leaders, bringing together IBM’s unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, design, data analytics, cognitive computing, and technology platforms to develop and deliver high-impact transformation programs. Our team’s senior partners have decades of experience at top consulting firms and IBM Enterprise Strategy will provide you with the opportunity to work side by side with senior executives across industries.
What Do We Look For In A Successful Senior Consultant Intern At IBM?
- Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovative solutions
- Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches to client problems
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
- Focus on ensuring the success of your team and client, with an ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, create structure to solve ambiguous problems, and share/incorporate feedback
- Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
- Aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in an intense team atmosphere, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
Note: This 10-12 week internship opportunity is located in New York City, NY.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to start full time in 2023
- Experience in consulting, in a startup, or other business environment
- 2+ years of experience in modern marketing optimization, sales optimization, service optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design, operating model design, and/or performance management
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, in a startup, or other business environment
- Industry expertise in Healthcare / Life Sciences, Financial Services, Consumer Packaged Goods, Telecom, Media & Entertainment, Retail, Travel & Transportation, Energy, Environment, & Utilities, Insurance, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Chemicals & Petroleum, or Electronics
- Functional expertise in modern marketing optimization, sales optimization, service optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design, operating model design, performance management
- Experienced with 1+ of the following:
- Incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation
- Working in an Agile environment and/or Scrum/Agile certified
- Working with large and complex data sets to develop actionable insights, leveraging modern tools such as SAS, Python, R, Stata, SQL, as well as advanced functions in Excel
- Developing business cases and financial models
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Supplemental 1 employees may be eligible for paid holidays, paid sick time and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.