Idea Lab Kids is a fast-growing, innovative after-school enrichment program serving students grades K-6. The company is headquartered in Houston with franchises throughout the US, Canada, and the Middle East. Founded in 2010, Idea Lab is developing cutting-edge technology to deliver their more than 3000 hours of course content in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. Idea Lab will be hiring 8-10 interns part-time or full-time in the areas listed below. If any of these positions interest you or someone you know, apply on Handshake or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
1. Curriculum Development and Scriptwriting – This is where people develop Idea Lab’s many different areas of the curriculum and corresponding hands-on activities to be delivered in after-school enrichment programs or through videos. Individuals can just do curriculum development or focus more on scriptwriting where they adapt the existing curriculum for video production. Lesson areas include engineering, animation, science, cooking, clay sculpture, etc. There is always room for creativity and new ideas!
2. Quality Assurance/Testing – An important role is the testing of our existing curriculum to make sure the experiments or activities in our curriculum continue to produce results and be lots of fun in the process!
3. Filming and Acting – We are filming videos in Houston, Texas in a studio setting with lights, cameras, and actors utilizing teleprompters. Scriptwriters working remotely will adapt and expand on lessons from our curriculum with informative scripts/lesson plans which guide the actors during the filming.
4. Design and Graphics – Talented graphic designers are needed to provide content for use in videos and marketing materials. Definitely recommended for individuals who can bring experience in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, or other similar programs.
5. Three Special Projects – 1) Research and provide guidelines for meeting Girl Scout and Boy Scout badge requirements using our curriculum and videos; 2) Research and provide guidelines for ways to offer the company’s educational technology platform to entrepreneurs in low-income communities and understand issues related to culture, diversity, and gentrification; 3) Research and align curriculum with national and state curriculum standards.
We are hiring on an ongoing basis. Most of these positions are remote, except for the Filming and Acting positions.