About the job
We are seeking a motivated, up-to-the challenge, global product management leader for the Illumina Library preparation portfolio and partnerships at Illumina
The successful candidate will develop and execute on the Library preparation portfolio and partnership plans, to achieve Illumina’s financial targets and maximize its growth trajectory. This candidate will collaborate and engage with a matrixed team, which includes (but not limited to): regional segment marketing, commercial, finance, business development, regulatory, legal, R&D, market research and market development.
This role together with the library preparation product management team will place strong emphasis on deep Voice of customer for this category of products and ensure well thought out plans for Illumina’s library preparation strategy. Knowledge of NGS customers is preferred.
- Leads a team focused on global product management for Illumina library preparation and partnerships
- Serve as domain and customer expert working closely with commercial, segment and regional marketing functions to ensure Illumina’s growth in this category
- Serve as domain and customer expert working directly with RTD and PD to establish and execute on short and long-term product roadmaps
- Candidate and his/her team are responsible for defining customer needs/requirements, business cases and product/portfolio strategy
- Responsible for ensuring successful marketing leadership and execution of partnerships that the automation team is engaged in, that support product roadmap activities
- Key contributor and/or product-lead in the annual strategic planning process
- Ensure close planning for workflow automation and key product development programs
- Candidate and his/her team serve as the product champions and global product marketers for library preparation, e.g., product strategy and go-to-market plans, in collaboration with global segment for new products and driving key marketing initiatives for the library preparation portfolio
- Build close relationships with key partners, thought leaders, and industry influencers to stay abreast of emerging market trends
- Serves as the center point for business analytics and deep customer insight with the ability to detect and anticipate market trends; shares insight across Marketing, Investor Relations and Executive Leadership
- Responsible for forecasting and financial analysis related to automation portfolio; Understand key business drivers and report monthly / quarterly on these
- Responsible for development of a high performing Product Management Team – attracts top talent and mentors/coaches existing employees
- Candidate must have IVD and RUO product management experience.
- Able to lead research efforts in primary research projects and understands the healthcare business environment including familiarity with global markets and payers, distribution channels, and pricing strategies.
- Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Science required; business degree preferred.
- At least 7 + years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with NGS markets and product lines is strongly preferred
- Early career commercial experience highly desired
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or highly cross-functional business settings
- Must have demonstrated track record of delivering effective and strategic portfolio and marketing plans for products
- Must have demonstrated track record of successfully building and leading; this position requires strong leadership competencies, specifically in terms of influence management, collaboration, leading through ambiguity and effectively handling multiple partners and projects.
- Must have designed the strategy of successful marketing programs and product launches
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to tie detailed analysis to larger strategy
- Must have deep and direct experience in product management with an understand of key functional roles
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or highly cross-functional business settings;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to accommodate change.
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, organizational relations.
- Ability to engage with and motivate regional marketing and commercial teams.
- Willingness to travel at least 30% when deemed appropriate to do so
- Must understand attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions.
- Experience and ability to demonstrate financial planning and analysis skills.
- Experience in global markets required
- Strong business writing and oral communication skills with experience in presentation development are required.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf