L.E.K. Consulting is one of the premier strategy consulting firms worldwide. At L.E.K., we are passionate about helping our clients succeed with breakthrough insights that drive real impact. Our clients view us as trusted partners that help address their most pressing challenges and biggest opportunities.
Our uncompromising approach is grounded in deep industry expertise, rigorous analysis, and a commitment to driving practical results that exceed our clients’ expectations. To do this, we hire the best and the brightest, and offer them an unparalleled experience to rapidly develop their skills. This strategy drives L.E.K.’s robust growth, and gives us the benefits of global scale with a small-firm feel.
Founded in 1983, L.E.K. employs more than 1,600 professionals across five continents, and is consistently recognized as one of the industry’s best firms to work for. For more information, visit lek.com.
If you are a bright, motivated leader interested in tackling some of the toughest and most interesting business problems, consider joining L.E.K. as a Consultant.
The Consultant role is at the core of our case team structure. Coming from diverse backgrounds and using their creative problem-solving and managerial skills, Consultants at L.E.K. guide our case teams to provide clients insights with impact. You will make a difference by driving our teams to deliver actionable advice and strategies to help our clients win.
Consultants at L.E.K. manage a team of Associates and/or Associate Consultants right from the start, and are on point to ensure the team is addressing client problems and delivering an answer. While every case is different, Consultants’ primary responsibilities typically include:
· Breaking down and outlining the client’s key strategic issues
· Designing and supervising the team’s core research tasks and analyses day-to-day
· Developing presentation and other deliverable structures
· Participating in the communication of project conclusions to client senior management
· Providing guidance, mentorship, and feedback to more junior staff
L.E.K. recruits the best and the brightest and offers very competitive compensation and benefits. In addition to immediate management responsibility and high-impact work, we promote Consultants to Managers as fast as they develop, based on demonstrated performance and contributions.
The Consultant role at L.E.K. is differentiated from other firms in several key ways:
· Immediate management responsibility: Consultants have the opportunity to manage the case process and Associate team from day 1 (L.E.K. hires two undergraduates for every new Consultant).
· Breadth of experiences: While our projects span most industries and services, our focus is strategy and M&A. Consultants typically work on ~6-10 projects a year, providing greater exposure across clients and strategic issues, as well as faster development of business acumen.
· Fun, stimulating work environment: L.E.K. teams spend substantially more time in their home office relative to teams at peer firms, and we pride ourselves on a vibrant social culture, including case team events, office parties, non-profit involvement, and much more.
· International exposure: Approximately one-third of L.E.K. projects involve an international component, which allows Consultants to work on international case teams or, if they choose, to relocate to international offices on either a temporary or a full-time basis.
· Upward mobility: L.E.K. is a meritocracy with an entrepreneurial culture and frequent feedback. Promotion paths do not follow a strict timeline; we promote people as quickly as they develop.
While we do not use a rigid checklist, we look for a combination of attributes that provide an excellent foundation for a successful career at L.E.K., including leadership, drive, intellectual curiosity, analytical ability, teamwork, and uncompromising ethics. Consultants at L.E.K. typically have MBAs and/or a number of years of relevant business experience.
L.E.K Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.