The Director of Investor Relations will be responsible for the coordination and arrangement of quarterly earnings announcements and investor-outreach events, managing meetings and calendars, developing written and verbal correspondence, including investor presentations, and maintaining IR-specific data and reports. This role will build relationships with the investment community, communicate the organization’s strategies and actions, maximize the pool of potential investors, and ensure that the organization’s shares are accurately valued in the market. The Director of Investor Relations will foster and maintain strong relationships with both sell-side and buy-side analyst communities and acts as a spokesperson for the organization, as it relates to the investor community.
- Develop, implement, and execute against a comprehensive strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure a sustainable, fair valuation of the Company and understanding of the Company’s strategy by analysts and investors.
- Support Company’s overall investor communications, financial reporting, and engagement in partnership with Finance, Public Relations, and other internal business leaders, as required.
- Lead investor engagement.
- Partner in the preparation of investor presentations and other collateral to clearly communicate the unique features of the Company as an investment.
- Support the organization and execution of investor related events, including quarterly earnings calls and analyst days.
- Support in preparing monthly and quarterly investor relations reports. Collect and compile data. Distribute data and reports to investor groups.
- Track key investor related information, including communications, follow up, key dates, competitor information, etc.
- Provide the infrastructure and support to optimize and streamline IR processes.
- Keep databases and documents organized and accurate.
- Maintain Investor Relations website.
- Maintain strong compliance with and adherence to Regulation FD (Fair Disclosure).
- Support legal compliance tracking as needed.
- Partner with Accounting on Investor related matters – i.e. distributions, investments, etc.
- Respond to investor inquiries and track interactions and ongoing messaging with current and prospective investor base.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Data, Communications or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in an investor relations or equity research role; or 7+ years in public company finance role.
- Experience with investor relations portals.
- Working knowledge of Regulation FD (Fair Disclosure).
- Strong organization skills, accurate, and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic, ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to establish and manage work priorities, activities and timelines to achieve results.
- Exhibits sound judgment and swift decision-making skills.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with solutions.
- Ability to critically review, summarize, and report findings and recommendations.
- Technically savvy with PC skills including working knowledge of the Microsoft environment and the ability to access, manipulate, organize and relay information in a meaningful way.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Previous technology and/or real estate experience a plus
- Master’s in Business Administration a plus