Position: Associate, Power Marketing
Department: Power Marketing
Leeward Renewable Energy is a growth-oriented renewable energy company that owns and operates a portfolio of 21 wind farms across nine states, with 20 in operation and one under construction, totaling more than 2,000 MW of installed capacity. We are developing new wind, solar, and energy storage projects in energy markets across the U.S.
The Associate, Power Marketing role supports the power marketing team in originating off-take transactions and other revenue generating opportunities for utility-scale solar, wind, and battery storage projects across the U.S. The Associate has primary accountability for preparing responses to customer requests for pricing, conducting basic financial analysis, tracking the status of internal deliverables, and collecting and analyzing market data. The Associate will assist in the preparation of materials for customer outreach and internal management reporting and participate in such direct interactions where appropriate. The Associate will contribute to the development of pricing, customer, and business strategies.
• Assemble complete bid packages in response to RFPs and bilateral opportunities
• Review financial models to understand key value drivers and run scenario analysis
• Source and interpret relevant data on markets, customers, and transactions
• Maintain and develop systems for tracking bid opportunities and internal deliverables
• Prepare materials to support management and customer interactions
• Participate in customer and management calls and visits
• Contribute to the development of the power marketing strategy
• Establish relationship touchpoints with customers outside of standard bid response
• Additional duties as required
• Superior work ethic
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Ability to collaborate with others to achieve success
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum 2 years experience in energy-related role (renewables preferred but not required) such as origination/sales, project development, trading, finance, strategy/consulting or similar
• Bachelor’s degree
• Position will require sitting for long periods of time.
• Occasionally lift 20-pound or more.
• Willingness and ability to travel at least 25% of time.
• Flexible work location.
Leeward Management Services, LLC is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.