Position: Manager, Power Marketing
Department: Power Marketing
Leeward Renewable Energy is a growth-oriented renewable energy company that owns and operates a portfolio of 21 wind farms across nine states, with 20 in operation and one under construction, totaling more than 2,000 MW of installed capacity. We are developing new wind, solar, and energy storage projects in energy markets across the U.S.
The Manager, Power Marketing is responsible for all aspects of originating, analyzing, structuring, and closing renewable power purchase agreements (PPAs) and build-transfer agreements (BTAs). This individual will: (1) develop and execute business strategies and plans to secure Energy, Capacity, REC, and Ancillary Services offtake contracts as well as build-transfer contracts for new projects; (2) analyze market, regulatory, and policy trends to aid decision-makers in the identification of the most attractive markets for new projects; (3) lead customer engagement and bid response process for procurement initiatives; (4) structure the commercial characteristics of contracts (price, PPA term, etc.); and, (5) act as the primary liaison between the Power Marketing, Project Development, Project Finance, Engineering, Legal, and Government Affairs teams.
• Develop customer and markets plan (long-term/strategic and short term) for region or market segment.
• Source and maintain new customer relationships and opportunities.
• Responsible for gathering real-time market feedback, performing market analysis and evaluating market parameters in coordination with Project Development, Government Affairs, and Project Finance.
• Project management of cross-functional teams to support preparation of solicited and unsolicited offers that arise from formal and informal Request for Proposal (RFP) processes.
• Prepare bids for projects in accordance with Leeward Renewable Energy’s internal financial performance metrics.
• Direct experience in leading key commercial transactions and PPAs negotiations and other related offtake agreements.
• Lead sourcing and integration of new customers in the US renewable energy market, including Investor-Owned Utilities (IOUs), Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs), and Public Power and Cooperative utility sectors.
• Lead customer account planning and the execution of business strategies to secure power purchase, build-transfer, and other related offtake agreements.
• Maintain database(s) to track pricing proposals, and market clearing prices of power purchase agreements and system sales.
• Deliver presentations to customers and Leeward Renewable Energy senior staff and executives.
• Conduct competitive pricing analyses through a deep understanding of market clearing prices and competitor products and offerings.
• Manage progress of transactions from origination through contract execution.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 7 years in the Power and Renewables industry with preferred exposure to deal origination, project development, and project finance.
• Experience in structuring and/or negotiating PPAs, BTAs and energy hedges.
• Experience in developing, implementing, and managing statistical and fundamental power market models to forecast power market prices.
• Extensive knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale wind, solar, battery energy storage systems (BESS), and hybrid renewable power generation development and marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Position will require sitting for long periods of time.
• Occasionally lift 20-pound or more.
• Willingness and ability to travel at least 25% of time.
• Flexible work location.
Leeward Management Services, LLC is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.