The Competitive Intelligence and Data Analytics (CIDA) group is part of LivaNova’s Corporate Development organization and is responsible for generating insights and analyzing commercial data for each business unit
As the Senior Manager, CIDA, you will have primary responsibility for market and competitive intelligence within our business units. You will provide a robust, external perspective for the business, with responsibility for owning market models, gathering competitive intelligence and translating this intelligence into actionable competitive assessments, and providing inputs for organic and inorganic business cases, including but not limited to: market growth, pricing trends & assessments, clinical and regulatory insights, and company target due diligence.
You will collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Finance and other functions to execute on these responsibilities. By developing an understanding of evolving market trends and anticipating the competitive and customer environment through VoC and other primary and secondary research, you will assist in our annual strategy planning process and operational reviews.
- Lead the Competitive Intelligence function with a focus on the Neuromodulation business unit
- Assess the competitive environment and emerging scientific data to inform clinical, regulatory and commercial strategies. Identify and highlight risks, challenges, and opportunities for current and future business, recommend mitigation strategies and differentiation opportunities
- Conduct analyses and research based on key intelligence topics/questions while adhering to consistent and established standards. Seek out new information across disparate sources such as media, financial filings, publications, clinical data presentations, competitive promotional materials, and other sources. Synthesize this information into key insights and formulate actionable recommendations for key stakeholders
- Build coverage plans and coordinate data collection and reporting for major conferences.
- Prepare and send alerts and reports to communicate competitive developments
- Organize and facilitate competitive workshops with cross-functional team members within and with external partners
- Inform short and long-term sales forecasts by evaluating the potential impact of existing competitors and new market entrants
- Contract with external vendors to support data collection and analysis efforts
- Bachelors in Life Sciences or Business/Marketing required.
- 2+ years of business strategy, investment banking, equity research, and/or consulting experience in Life Sciences, Medical Devices, Pharma, or Biotech industry.
- Knowledge of medical devices industry; credibility in discussing current and future trends in the industry in front of customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong analytics skills including experience working with and manipulating large amounts of financial/other data in Excel and visualization tools like Tableau/ Power BI
- Ability to interpret company financial data and metrics to inform competitive assessments.
- Ability to work with and engage across management team and various functions within the organization; willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas.
- Ability to see the current and future business within a broader context and quickly synthesize implications and opportunities for the business to both internal and external audiences.
- Masters degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or Business/Marketing.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external audiences, including to the leadership team, to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results.
- Ability to think creatively, approach work with an entrepreneurial mindset, and take the initiative despite minimal day-to-day oversight; advocate for adopting innovative approaches and ideas.
- Ability to think critically and analytically about all business problems.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, energetic environment and in ambiguous/rapidly evolving situations.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
LivaNova values equality and celebrates diversity. We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is fair, transparent and free from unlawful discrimination.
Our selection process is driven by the key demands/requirements for the role rather than bias or discrimination on the basis of a candidate’s sex, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability/handicap or medical condition, family status, sexual orientation, religion, color, ethnicity, race or any other legally protected classification.
Background Checks at LivaNova:
Upon successful completion of the hiring process an offer may be extended. Please note, LivaNova reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all its potential employees, where permitted by local legislation. This offer therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, and can be rescinded, where permitted by local legislation, based upon data received in the background check and/or refusal to cooperate with or any attempt to affect the results of this check. This process is not currently valid in Germany.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree to, payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.