Greenberg is seeking an experienced research writer to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for finding patterns from different data sources, to interpret the business and marketing applications for our clients, and tell compelling stories that have a real impact on our clients’ business. The Report Writer with work closely with our Qualitative Strategists and Design team to turn findings from fieldwork into client-ready deliverables across a variety of formats.
- Ability to succinctly communicate qualitative findings through copy, visuals, and supporting quotes
- Be able to tell a clear story with research/distill complex topics into readable content
- Provide strategic thinking and craft actionable client recommendations
- Ability to design reports in varied client templates
- Willingness to help team with topline development, analysis (jump in where needed)
- Participate in client meetings (as needed)
- Write 2-3 reports/month
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with an eye for the details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment/flexibility in schedule (some days are busier than others!)
- Experience with B2B qualitative research (if not in tech, then a similarly complex field – demonstrated ability to report on complex topics)
- Should have interest in learning about/knowledge of B2B technologies – Cloud, Blockchain, Infrastructure, AI/ML, Big data processing, etc.
- Some knowledge of quantitative research findings – Helpful to understand some quantitative research for qual/quant projects with combined reports
- Ability to moderate discussion boards, write a discussion guide or screener a plus (to help in between reports)
- Driven self-starter with a deep intellect and the ability to execute
- Curiosity: Wants to learn, understand and appropriately apply new approaches (because tech is always changing!)
- Critical thinking: Can determine whether or not something passes the ‘sniff test’
- Work with Design Teams – help set up reporting templates, follow the template in reporting, work with design on strategic “tier 1” slides that are more visual
- Work in Google Suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets) and MSFT Office (PPT, Word, Excel)
- Work independently, but also be collaborative with team members
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related subject (social sciences, research, etc.) with a minimum of 5 years related industry experience.
- Freelance experience is often helpful.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with research teams and being the lead writer who delivers client-ready reports.
- Prefer advanced experience with specific research topics including creative and messaging development, product development, brand positioning/strategy, personas and segmentation.