Business Unit: Manatt Health
Title: Summer Analyst
Offices: Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Washington, D.C.
Job Req #: 553 – 557
The Summer Analyst role is for candidates expected to receive their graduate degree in 2023.
Manatt Health Overview
Manatt Health integrates consulting and legal expertise to better serve the complex needs of clients across the health care system. Combining legal excellence, firsthand experience in shaping public policy, sophisticated strategy insight, and deep analytic capabilities, we provide uniquely valuable professional services to the full range of health industry players. Our diverse team of more than 160 consultants and attorneys from Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, and its consulting subsidiary, Manatt Health Strategies, LLC, is passionate about helping our clients advance their business interests, fulfill their missions, and lead health care into the future. For more information, visit https://www.manatt.com/health.
Summer Analyst Program Overview
We invite you to help make an impact this summer alongside our nationally recognized health care strategy and policy consulting team at Manatt Health. As a participant in our Summer Analyst Program, you will:
- Attend a kick-off orientation where you will learn about our culture and clients, as well as receive formal skill development and content training.
- Work on a wide range of health care consulting projects for clients that are passionate about improving health care.
- Have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and gain hands-on experience.
- Receive a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work as a consultant at Manatt Health Strategies.
Our Summer Analyst Program is an eight-to-ten-week program, the objective of which is to identify candidates for Consultant roles upon graduation from their academic programs. Locations include Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. Participation in the program is compensated.
At Manatt Health, you will be inspired to make the world a better place. You will work with a team of passionate and driven professionals on the development of business strategy and policy recommendations for our clients. In this role:
- You will work on a broad range of substantive issues, including payment and delivery system transformation; health care reform implementation; hospital, health system, and academic medical center strategy; strategic planning services; Medicaid policy, redesign, and innovation; Medicare program elements; health IT strategy; and pharmaceutical market access, coverage, and reimbursement strategies.
- Your responsibilities will include developing high-impact strategies to advance our clients’ policy and business objectives; qualitative and quantitative research on health care business and policy issues, presentation development, design, and delivery; monitoring federal and state health policy trends; and tracking emerging health care market trends.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion is a Manatt core value and fundamental to our organizational identity. We believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we live, work, and serve enriches Manatt’s culture and enhances our ability to understand our clients’ needs and develop better, more impactful solutions. Manatt’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee drives the firm’s efforts, working with firm leadership, and engaging our legal, consulting, and business professionals, to create and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. For more information, visit https://www.manatt.com/diversity.
You must have a passion for working in health care and be a graduate student pursuing an advanced degree with a focus on public health, business administration, public administration, public policy, health administration, or health care management or other related area, with an anticipated graduation date in winter/spring 2023. Preferably, you will:
- Have had internship experiences, relevant lived experience and/or two or more years of work experience in health care with demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for business and marketplace issues, health equity, and other health care trends.
- Have excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- Be able to work independently and on teams on meaningful projects that can bring about real change.
- Have strong computer skills, including professional proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Join Us to Help Make an Impact
If you would like to be on the cutting edge of the issues and opportunities facing the health care sector, we strongly encourage you to apply. You must apply through our online application portal (apply here). As part of your application, you will be required to upload a cover letter, and a 2-to-3-page writing sample. The writing sample should be from your academic, work, or individual experience, where you are the sole or primary author (examples include memo, issue brief, short research paper, market/competitive analysis, personal statement, and PowerPoint).
Manatt is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.