Menlo Coaching: Now Hiring an MBA Intern
We are hiring an MBA Intern to join our team and to contribute to the continued growth of our firm. In general, the ideal intern will identify ways we can improve and scale the business and help to implement these improvements—with no limits on the scope of their contributions.
That is, as a company built around career growth and development, we set no requirements for pre-MBA experience: students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the internship.
The open-ended nature of the position means that we’ll work with you to define your own role in the firm and ensure your activities align with your professional goals. As such, you will be encouraged to think strategically and take ownership for the direction of your internship.
We only ask that applicants have a strong desire to learn new skills and rapidly develop their abilities in a real-world setting. An ability to think critically is vital, especially when considering novel marketing ideas, products, and services that have the potential to expand our business.
We are currently accepting applications and are open to internships in Spring 2022 and Fall 2022. We are willing to work with your schedule and availability, but are requiring a minimum dedication of 10 hours per week.
Since 2012, Menlo Coaching has helped MBA applicants win admission to top MBA programs. The quality of our work has resulted in multiple industry awards, including company founders David and Alice being recognized as the #1 and #3 global admissions consultants, respectively, by the highly regarded MBA community site Poets&Quants.
Our dedicated team of MBA admissions experts and GMAT tutors is committed to bringing out the very best in our clients, and we are fully invested in their success. We offer a highly personal, premium service, and we strive to work with committed, deserving applicants.
We are experiencing rapid growth, but are still a small company. We are looking for an intern to help us scale our processes, generate more leads, and improve on our offerings.
We work in-person, based out of our offices in Baarn, the Netherlands (just outside Amsterdam). However, we are open to remote work for the internship.
Responsibilities May Include
- Help our team gain a deeper understanding of our customer’s experiences, identify and fill gaps in our existing products, and generate ideas for improvement
- Evaluate the competitive landscape—understand our competition in the admissions consulting space. Develop competitive comparison documents for use in messaging and sales presentations
- Share insights with the marketing team to develop messaging that resonates with our target buyers
- Support execution of marketing campaigns, including creation of content and other deliverables
- Campaign planning and execution with an emphasis on honing our digital communication strategy
- Create reports and presentations for team and all-hands meetings
- Investigate new promotional strategies and potential partnerships with third-parties
- Complete strategic analyses to help identify and evaluate growth opportunities
- Extract insights from existing sales data to prioritize novel business and technical decisions
- Propose and lead development projects to open new opportunities
- Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA program
- Ability to multitask; detail-oriented; ability to manage time effectively
- Comfortable with data and analytics—use data to drive decisions
- A team player who is able to self-start and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience using collaboration and CRM tools such as Basecamp or Copper a plus
By joining Menlo Coaching as an MBA intern, you will be joining a team with MBA and Ph.D. graduates from top-ranked universities, and business executives from a range of experiences like investment banking, consulting, tech, and non-profit.
You will take responsibility for your own projects, and you can expect to work on real business problems.
You will also be welcomed by a collaborative team of like-minded professionals in a supportive environment where your voice and opinions matter.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, along with a motivation letter, to email@example.com.
The review process is highly selective, and only applicants who have demonstrated their clear interest and passion within a motivation letter will be contacted.
For questions, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org