Consulting Services: MBA Internship Opportunities
Job available in 2 locations
- Reston, Virginia, United States
- Other, Other, United States
Consulting Services: MBA Internship Opportunities to job cartJob number1128788
- Date posted Aug 11, 2021
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Consulting Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment typeInternship
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passion, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Imagine yourself as a Microsoft intern. Join Microsoft today and help us innovate and shape the business of tomorrow.
We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Consulting Services intern roles, including but not limited to, the role described below:
Consultants are strategists who work closely with Microsoft’s partners to assist customers in the delivery of high-quality engagements around Microsoft’s solution areas, technologies, services and products in diverse client environments.
- Contributes to the pre-sales process by leveraging knowledge of business requirements to successfully offer technical input and solution offerings.
- Participates in project planning by identifying risks and dependencies and proposing appropriate mitigations.
- Implements technical solutions by coordinating and aligning with customer’s business goals.
- Cultivates relationships with customers, partners, and stakeholders to identify drivers of satisfaction and establish recovery actions to improve experience.
Project Managers (PJM) have a unique mix of both project management and consulting skills. Driven by a passion for technology, the PJM ensures projects are successfully delivered to our customers on time and meeting specifications.
- Drives project initiation by prioritizing tasks, proactively removing risks, and creating work breakdown structures.
- Develops project management plan to drive project delivery in line with customer needs.
- Leverages technical expertise to engage with customer stakeholders and cultivate business relationships.
- Builds trusted relationships with customers by reviewing feedback, providing guidance, managing expectations, and adhering to key performance indicators.
Pursuit Leads are key participants in driving the sales growth of solutions and provide leadership to all domain assigned resources and activities to support opportunity qualification, scoping, estimating, costing, risk identification and mitigations, contract preparation, and delivery of contracted work to the delivery teams.
- Defines, shapes and scopes quality solutions to satisfy customer requirements and drive business outcomes pre-sales.
- Collaborates with sales and the domain to create and execute a combined opportunity close plan that outlines owners and their actions and drives deal velocity.
- Works with pursuit team to balance customer expectations with Microsoft business goals while mitigating risk and maximizing delivery best practices by applying right shoring and delivery mix capabilities as appropriate for deal complexity.
- Currently pursuing a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Passion for technology and customer obsessed.
- Displays strong stakeholder and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Microsoft Product Certification, MCSE or other technical certifications is a plus.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services