Full Job Description
LOCATION: Reno, NV United States or Dublin, Ireland ONLY
The SAN Operations Team operates worldwide and is accountable for driving optimization and ensuring robust delivery and support to our Search, Ads & News partners and/or customers. We are looking for energetic, passionate, and hard-working people to join our Search, Ads & News (SAN) operations team, supporting the Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft Advertising is a dynamic business that is changing rapidly, the competitive environment is intense, ambiguous, and fast paced. While the market evolves, SANOps is looking for media-minded, Ops leaders to drive our business forward. The SANOps team within Microsoft Business Operations enables the execution of the Search, Advertising & News strategy. If you are a driven, adaptable individual with a passion for shaping the future of Microsoft’s Search, Ads & News Operations business, we invite you to join us!
Our Search, Ads & News Program Process Manager is responsible for several key engagements across MSFT as they manage a portfolio of business and transact efforts. This requires the ability to develop and nurture relationships while driving impact and change to the business.
This role is accountable to manage the Order to Cash lifecycle including pre-signature services and pipeline management. Collaboration is required across a broad range of teams from Business Development, Operations and Finance with an ability to effectively influence decisions, direction, and outcomes. Strong stakeholder management and process methodology coupled with subject matter expertise of the business and systems are essential.
- Partnership with key stakeholders for effective management of agreements/IO’s while addressing continuous improvement opportunities to ensure a positive partner/customer experience.
- Acts as a thought leader to drive consistency in processes and services meeting performance expectations for consistency, accuracy, simplification, and timeliness of delivery.
- Trusted advisor for customers, partners, and internal clients on operational processes and capabilities, and provides efficient, scalable operational solutions across a portfolio of business.
- Uses voice of customer frameworks and metrics to identify trends and influences across multiple customers, partners, and internal groups.
- Manage critical deals on a monthly and quarterly basis in alignment with expectations of key stakeholders.
- Ensures accurate and compliant invoicing and pay out by managing obligations on a monthly/quarterly basis. Tracking and communicating contract billing status to key stakeholders highlighting risks with contractual requirements, customer PO coverage, customer sign offs and credit/payment status.
- Engages in overseeing on-time and accurate execution of processes leveraging internal ops and BPO teams.
- Uses data and rich stakeholder connections for regular and in-depth review of key performance indicators as a way of identification of improvement opportunities and to ensure prevention against regulatory, internal audit and compliance risks
- Drive operational excellence in the Business, Planning & Operations organization through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes.
- BA/BS degree (MBA is a plus but not mandatory)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in operations management or related area
- Prior online advertising (account management and/or sales operations) experience and background strongly preferred, with the ability to align within a team to the rapid shifts in service and product offerings
- A proven track record of building effective stakeholder relationships with Sales, Customer Support, Finance, Partners/Customers and with Transactional Support/Outsourcing teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing processes and complex process optimization / improvement initiatives
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills including attention to detail combined with an ability to derive insights from available data
- Adept at getting things done while performing amidst ambiguity and complexity
- Tenacity and an unwavering drive toward results & impact
- Exemplary communication skills, written and oral, to a broad set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct experience in working with international stakeholders and delivering improvements in highly complex and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional collaboration and a keen understanding of how to drive results with a field force (Sales and Marketing team)
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand complexity, problems, and concepts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.