The candidate will participate in Corporate Accounting activities, including month-end close and internal financial reporting. This role will help oversee and directly participate in the monthly closing procedures of the General Ledger for NI Corporate (NIC) for processes including PP&E, Patents, CAP SW, Standard Accruals, monthly balance sheet reconciliation and support to the quarterly BS review. This person should perform the role ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and compliance in accordance with U.S. GAAP. The candidate will provide assistance in preparing the company for annual external audits as well as quarterly reviews and interim audit procedures. The Corporate Accountant will participate in the implementation and consistent application of SOX 404 control framework as well as act as a primary contact for audit support within the scope of role for NIC to both external and internal auditors.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation for NIC set of books for several BS accounts including PP&E, prepaids, intangibles, other assets, and accrued liabilities.
- Quarterly balance sheet review packages, including investigation of any variances or exceptions from a global balance sheet reporting perspective
- Fixed Asset and prepaids management as Corporate Process owner, including monthly additions, depreciation/amortization, Corporate rollforwards, reconciliation, ST/LT Reclass, ad hoc analysis and process follow up.
- Patents activity management, analysis and follow up
- Cap Software additions, amortization, rollforward, reconciliation and non-gaap adjustments
- RDPEE Process management, analysis and follow up
- Other balance sheet accruals
- Assist on generating global alignment and consistency around U.S. GAAP and internal policies for the processes within the scope of role.
- Lead, implement, execute and/or advise on corporate initiatives including evolution of the corporate accounting function
- Participate in special accounting projects and execute on various ad hoc requests
- Perform internal control duties within the scope of role and sign off on related certifications
- Serve as a primary contact with internal and external audit staff during quarterly audits and interim testing; prepare and/or provide requested workpapers and respond to inquiries within the scope of role
- Drive innovation, efficiencies and best–practices across areas within scope of role
- Participate in and perform testing for system upgrades and project rollouts for areas within scope of role
- Execute on a specific portfolio of Corporate Accounting responsibilities to be determined by the Americas Controller
- Responsible for monitoring internal control environment and assisting in ensuring strong corporate governance required to minimize risk, prevent material differences and significant deficiencies relative to SOX controls.
- Key contributor to process standardization and optimization for Corporate Accounting.
- Key contributor to drive a more efficient financial close.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Accounting or Finance degree and a CPA (completed or in progress), MBA or equivalent certification.
- 3+ years of experience, ideally including at least 2 years in Public Accounting
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Oracle and Hyperion knowledge would be a strong advantage
- Advance level in Microsoft tools (Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a multi-national environment would be a strong advantage
- Experience working in a high-tech environment would be an advantage
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management and across cultures
- Quick-learner, close attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage time, prioritize, delegate and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to demonstrate successes in the areas of innovation and process optimization
- Hands-on, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
There are many reasons to consider joining a company. Key among them are the people, the ideas, and the technology. At NI, we believe in the power and potential of connecting the three to create a path to success.
The people : We’re looking for curious and creative problem solvers who value diversity and fresh perspectives, are bold and kind, and willing to take chances.
The ideas : What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want to program robots? Build flying cars? Leave the world better than you found it? At NI, we build on the big ideas of big dreamers to make their visions a reality.
The technology : With our tailored, software-connected approach, we support our customers through all phases of the product development cycle. From 5G and medical innovations to autonomous driving and the future of space travel, we help our customers Engineer Ambitiously every day.
We’ve long been globally recognized as a top employer. Our compensation and benefits are very competitive, as are our modern workspaces, career development and mobility opportunities, and a culture that fosters belonging and emphasizes community giving. We encourage our teammates to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another to build innovative solutions.
No matter your career path, we’re here for you, for each other, and for the next generation of innovators who think bigger, aim higher, and go faster.
Are you up for the challenge of helping shape humanity for the next 100 years? If so, let’s get started, and let’s Engineer Ambitiously together.
NI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.