The Marketing Analytics Manager is responsible for tracking and monitoring various campaigns and channels that drive acquisition call volume and web traffic for multiple brands in the NRG Retail Multibrand portfolio. Metrics and data include, but are not limited to, both digital and analog data such as call volume and direct mail response for both acquisition and retention campaigns. The Marketing Analytics Manager is also responsible for reporting on performance with regard to campaign results and their impact on renewal and retention rate, brand strength, awareness, consideration, and market share across brands in the Texas and northeast markets. This will include incorporating previous performance and learning as well as working on assumptions to build a clear story with the data. Data stories should include not only the raw data but the meaning behind it all, including identifying trends, campaigns, opportunities for improvement, etc.
This person will work closely with internal marketing team members and media agencies to ensure performance is being accurately tracked, assessed, and reported. The selected candidate will also liaise with the director of sales on web traffic, call volume, and resulting sales metrics as well as performance to goal YTD and MTD as well as performance MoM and YoY. In addition, the selected candidate will liaise with the customer retention and renewal team on metrics and performance to goal. This position will report to the senior manager of prospect marketing.
- Coordinate effectively with the marketing team and media agencies.
- Ensure all KPIs are represented accurately and in a digestible format for both granular data need as well as high-level executive reporting.
- Regularly monitor metrics to help identify trends as well as any aberrations that may indicate issues in performance, tracking, etc.
- Track data across all acquisition and retention efforts, including traditional upper funnel mass, upper and mid-funnel digital, direct mail, email, and other customer communications. Currently, this does not include lower funnel digital but may at some point in the future.
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics as well as market research and in-market results to assess performance and develop actionable insights that generate future improvements.
- Deliver clear, accurate, and reliable reporting on media activity and campaign effectiveness, measuring ROI, CTR, CPM, VCR, brand strength, renewal rate, etc.
- Use data visualization skills to create easy to interpret dashboards and presentations.
- Present metrics with a data story that provides clear, actionable insights.
- Contribute to client weekly calls, biweekly multiagency calls with the lower funnel team, including providing updated performance metrics and insights.
- Create presentations for reporting metrics to the executive leadership team.
- Track mass budget spends as it relates to performance goals and metrics and report out on progress with insights and recommendations.
- Assist in regular overall departmental budget reconciliation and reporting to accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8 -10 years B2C marketing and/or advertising agency experience
- 3-5 years marketing analytics experience
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (Datorama, Tableau) as well as web analytics and tracking technologies including Adobe Analytics, Google Tag Manager, GA360, etc.
- Ability to track, measure, and report on results of various marketing functions to determine ROI.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide actionable insights from data
- Strong project management skills, driving multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to assimilate data from disparate sources and successfully build dashboards that effectively display easy to interpret metrics, trends, and actionable insights.
- Heavy digital marketing experience
- Solid understanding of the sales lifecycle
- Highly skilled with data visualization tools
- Skilled in problem-solving and project management
- Self-starter with a history of pushing for deadline-driven results
- Electricity industry preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understand business needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to plan and collaboratively run projects independently.
- Possess strong attention to detail and a clear appetite for learning; can show how newly gained knowledge and skill can be applied on the job.
- Personable with strong verbal and written communication skills, solid business acumen, able to clearly communicate objectives and outcomes with marketing leaders and cross-functional teams, and present material to a variety of audiences.
- Keen analytical skills and the ability to filter and categorize information and interpret data to develop actionable insights.
- Data visualization skills and the ability to build easy to interpret dashboards that clearly convey the meaning of the data.
- Apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve performance.
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
- Extract reports from multiple sources
- Close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Occasional overtime work may be required as projects require.