For over 50 years Ochsner has fostered the growth of leaders through its operations fellowship. The Operations Concentration offers up to six (6) Administrative Fellowship positions per year. Over the 12-month period, fellows rotate through and experience all aspects of Ochsner’s hospital and clinic operations. A corporate fellowship may be available for qualified candidates. The program provides each fellow the opportunity to obtain hands-on experiences in operating an integrated health care organization alongside an experienced Executive Leader, who acts as their preceptor throughout the program, that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare. Preceptors and Fellows work collaboratively to identify and develop projects as well as a strong curriculum to address the operational needs of the organization, aligning Fellows for a career in those specific areas. This well-established training program has been tailored to meet the learning needs of each fellow to provide a rich and successful experience.
Potential Preceptors, by region:
- Robert Wolterman, Chief Executive Officer – OMC – South Shore Region
- Mary Deynoodt, Chief Executive Officer – OMC – West Bank Facility
- Kimberly Dooley, Chief Administrative Officer – Ochsner/LGMD – Lafayette
- Nicole Gonzales, System Chief Operating Officer – OMC – Jefferson Highway
- Brad Goodson, Chief Executive Officer – OMC – Jefferson Highway
- Gwen Guernsey, Chief Operating Officer, OMC- Northshore West
- Eric McMillen, Chief Executive Officer – OMC – Baton Rouge Region
- Mark Randolph, Chief Executive Officer – OMC – Monroe
- Beth Walker, Chief Executive Officer – OMC – Baptist Facility
- Charles Daigle, Chief Executive Officer – Ochsner/LSU – Shreveport
- Larkin Kennedy , Chief Executive Officer – Ochsner/Rush Health – Meridian, MS Region
The Operations Concentration offers fellowship opportunities in different regions and may require candidate(s) to relocate. The Program utilizes the ACHE competencies to help guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
The prospective Operations Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program. Preferred candidates must hold or in the process of completion of at least one of the following credentials:
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Public Health
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
The application deadline for the July 2022-June 2023 Fellowship cycle is Sunday, September 26, 2021. We have made changes to the application submittal process and instructions have been included. Application submittals must include the following items to be considered and must be submitted as 1 pdf file.
- Application Cover Sheet
- Current Resume/CV
- ProfessionalStatement – (1 page maximum) – Include specifics on:
1. Why have you chosen healthcare?
2. Why are you interested in Ochsner Health & how do you exhibited Ochsner’s Values: Patient’s First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence & Teamwork?
3. What are your post-fellowship career goals and how will this Fellowship assist you in achieving these goals?
- Three letters of recommendation – (combination of academic & professional). Letters must be signed, include printed name, title & phone number. NOTE: References interested in sending letters directly to Ochsner, should email it to the specific fellowship concentration and must include the candidate’s full name in subject line. All letters must be received by specified deadline for application to be considered.
- Unofficial Graduate Transcript – Include with application submittal. Note: An official transcript will be required upon hire.
All above documentation must be submitted in 1 pdf document and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org for operations concentration only.
All documentation MUST be received by specified concentration deadline to be considered.
To request additional information or learn more about the program, please email email@example.com.
Only the Operations concentration offers fellowship opportunities in different regions and may require relocation, please be sure to provide us with your region preference on the application cover sheet.