Onit is looking to add a diligent and action/task-oriented Strategic Operations Analyst to our team. In this role you will report into Onit’s Project Management Office (PMO), wherein you’ll contribute to any internal or M&A-related projects that need your services.
- Work regularly with individuals across our organization to collaborate on any needed financial or business analysis tasks within their respective departments.
- Build financial models for forecasting and scenario planning purposes.
- Act as a business partner across our organization to assist various departments with understanding and analyzing their respective businesses.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share your analysis and findings.
- Document and communicate the results of your efforts, often to senior executives.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful reports and artifacts.
- Serve as a key contributor to our M&A Team, by helping us extract, organize, and analyze data provided by potential acquisition targets in order to make strategic acquisition decisions.
- Perform ad-hoc “data crunching” and spreadsheet-oriented work, wherein you will be provided large amounts of unstructured data that must be organized and analyzed for decision making purposes.
- Perform light project management and project coordination work. While we have dedicated Project Managers to do the heavy lifting on these tasks, we may still need you to occasionally chip in in this capacity.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business – or an MBA.
- 2+ years of professional experience in an accounting/finance role
- Significant professional experience with GAAP financial statements
- Familiarity and experience with SaaS-specific financial terms and concepts strongly preferred (though not necessarily required if you meet all of the qualifications listed above and are willing to quickly learn)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- High EQ – ability to work with all levels/divisions across the organization
- Strong communication, analytical, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Desire to work in a high growth environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Comfort level with ambiguity related to your assigned tasks. You will rarely have all of the information you need to get started on a task – it will be your responsibility to ask the right questions and chart a path forward to develop an initial draft that can be presented and iterated over.
- Houston, TX – Galleria