Senior Financial Analyst, NetSuite Sales-210004XE
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
At Oracle NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THEcloud ERP pioneer, Oracle’s NetSuite global business unit has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
As a member of the NetSuite Finance team, this role will be part of the team responsible for providing finance support for the NetSuite Sales organization which is a key part of the $1B+ NetSuite business.
- Embed deeply with sales operations leaders and their team and become their trusted advisor.
- Lead the forecasting, budgeting, and long range planning process for the Sales function
- Perform variance analysis of actuals and forecasts compared to prior periods, forecasts, and budgets
- Financial presentations to the business and the preparation of quarterly reporting schedules
- Develop an understanding of critical business performance drivers including commission expense analysis
- Must be capable of leveraging the larger Oracle Financial community effectively, and gather and analyse information and resolve business issues across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work closely and collaboratively with Finance, Operations, and business team on a daily basis
- Ensure data quality and accuracy of management reporting
- Participate in quarter-end activities and contribute in the close process
- Proactively drive analysis on key trends and understand business drivers behind the trends we are seeing in the results
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis as needed
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Finance or Accounting preferred, MBA or CPA a plus
- Minimum 5 years finance/accounting experience (MBA is equivalent to two years’ experience)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Oracle tools a plus
- Excellent communicator that can work across a wide range of audience (finance, SVPs, operations, etc.).
- Result oriented. Ability to translate ideas into operational steps and follow through to closure.
- Takes initiative to achieve value added results and ability to track the progress of multiple inquires and tasks effectively.
- Ability to drive a culture of using data insights to help drive decision-making
- Solid grasp of the business side of technology with an understanding and zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail. Ability to turn data into Insights.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with ambiguity and change.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a cross-functional team.
- Self-directed, proactive with ability to multi-task.
- Energetic and positive attitude in the face of stress.
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsFinancial support to business areas through financial analysis, budgeting, planning & forecasting; to facilitate decision making and future business strategies.
As a member of Oracle’s finance organization, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of financial support for planning and control. Assist in consolidation and reporting of financial results; preparation of annual budget. Gather, model, analyze, prepare, and summarize information for financial plans, operating forecasts, trended future specifications, etc.; on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Prepares recommendations based on analyzes. May perform revenue and expense analysis, headcount and headcount driven expense analysis at cost center level, tracking of product and product line revenue, reconciliation of accounts receivable, variance analysis and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You may participate in cross functional programs and projects.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Strong spreadsheet skill and proficiency in Oracle Financials. Strong written and oral communication skill. Ability to work under tight deadlines. Self starter able to prioritize given responsibilities. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance preferred. CPA/MBA desired.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire