Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Our chemical subsidiary, OxyChem, manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of ESG Reporting and Data Analyst within our ESG Analytics and Sustainability function based in Houston, Texas.
This position will support the Occidental (Oxy) Corporate ESG Analytics and Sustainability function to meet requirements in areas of environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance data capture and reporting and other ad-hoc communications/engagements. Working with the ESG-Sustainability team, this person will compile analysis, benchmarking and performance reporting based on company policies and data from Oxy systems and from external data sources. The person will support the drafting, review and completion of Oxy’s sustainability reporting and external ESG scorecards and questionnaires, including, but not limited to: ISS, CDP, MSCI, WEF Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics, The Value Reporting Foundation, EcoVadis and Sustainalytics.
- Administration of ESG data, per requirements of third-party questionnaires and Oxy’s corporate reporting.
- Interpret company policies, standards and operating practices and reporting trends as it relates to Oxy’s programs and to provide guidance to Oxy Management on best practice.
- Provide reporting and other support for Oxy’s global GHG emissions/carbon accounting, social investment and community-based initiatives.
- Identifies and implements process improvements for tracking and reporting ESG performance data.
- Assures data validity and all work meets corporate brand standards and quality guidelines.
- Monitor emerging trends/issues to keep at the forefront of sustainability initiatives
Required Qualifications (listed in order of priority): Knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors (KSAB) required of the hired individual to be successful in the position. The hired individual must have each of the KSABs listed in this section to be considered for the position.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, or equivalent experience.
· Intermediate skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint for analysis, review and reporting of data.
· 2 + years experience using corporate data management systems to benchmark and synthesize data, and communicate internally trends and insights from corporate sustainability and social responsibility sources.
· Knowledge of climate-related risks, social and environmental issues and the NGO landscape.
· Possess excellent presentation and writing skills for website and social media content creation, communications and marketing materials with the ability to communicate complex technical issues to different non-technical audiences.
· Ability to drive continuous improvement, identifying ways for managing sustainability more efficiently and effectively.
Desired Qualification (listed in order of priority): Knowledge, skills and abilities that are not necessary for the hired individual to be successful in the position, but are preferred or desired characteristics.
Example: A bachelor’s degree may be required but a MBA may be preferred.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Prior energy, materials, utilities or capital-goods industry experience is preferred.
· Corporate sustainability reporting experience in a multi-national business context is preferred.
· Familiarity with sustainability reporting frameworks and standards, including the Value Reporting Foundation (SASB), TCFD and IPIECA.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status