Please apply at PacificLife.com/Careers
Looking to jumpstart your career at a company that offers real opportunities to flourish?
Look no further than Pacific Life. We’re investing in bright, agile new talent with fresh perspectives to help us innovate and build meaningful relationships for years to come. It’s in this spirit that we are currently looking to add a Real Estate MBA Intern to our Real Estate Investments (REI) team.
Our dynamic team of real estate professionals provides high-quality commercial real estate investment through direct mortgage loan originations, commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS), real estate investment trust (REIT) debt purchases and equity investments via direct acquisitions and joint ventures. Interested candidates will be exposed to a variety of real estate asset classes, including construction loans, and will participate in activities central to all the department’s activities.
As a Real Estate MBA Intern, you will play a key role in Pacific Life’s culture and long-term success by providing research, analytical and underwriting support for commercial real estate debt and equity investments including whole loans, loan participations, and commercial mortgage backed securities to meet the Company’s investment objectives and underwriting guidelines. Interns will learn specific risk analysis techniques for structuring real estate debt and equity investments and will participate in Real Estate Committee meetings. Responsibilities’ may include providing written and oral presentations to a variety of team members.
Despite the COVID pandemic, Pacific Life has remained safe, stable and productive, thanks to our embracing of digital processes and commitment to a people-first culture. Our agile approach has aided us in successfully shifting our recruiting and onboarding activities toward a safe work-from-home environment.
This is unchartered territory for all of us, so please let us know if you have any questions about the recruiting process or about our response to COVID.
What You’ll Gain
- Institutional investment and underwriting exposure on multiple property types, including multifamily, office, retail, hotel and others.
- Exposure to Pacific Life’s construction lending program and participation in the review and analysis of the Company’s current construction loan portfolio.
- Career counseling, goal setting and information mentorship opportunities.
Factors for Success
- Currently in first year of a Master’s degree in Real Estate or MBA with an emphasis in Real Estate.
- Exceptional math and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in drafting and use of financial formulas in complex financial spreadsheets, as well as the use of a financial calculator.
- Proficiency in software applications for real estate investment analysis including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Argus, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Work experience in evaluation and underwriting of investment risks associated with commercial real estate is desirable.
A people-first mentality is all too rare at a Fortune 300 company like Pacific Life, yet this approach is apparent in everything we do. From our work offering tools that help our members to succeed to our generous benefits and flexibility, allowing our employees to thrive in every facet of their lives, to our renowned oceanic and environmental work, we do work that matters. See how we harness the Power of Pacific to fulfill our shared purpose – apply for one of our positions and grow your career with Pacific Life today!
How We Help You Succeed:
Our Summer Internship Program has become Pacific Life’s talent pipeline for full time early career opportunities. The University Relations team ensures each intern has a well-rounded positive experience to help them reach their career goals. The Summer Program includes:
Executive Mentorship Program
Real World Work
Training and Education
Networking and Exposure to Leadership
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.