Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast (PPGC) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPGC has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
This role is responsible for the organization’s finance and accounting activities. Develops and implements annual budgets, fiscal policies and goals. Responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the organization in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles issues by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and organizations.
- Plans and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Actively participates in weekly Senior Leadership Team meetings and monthly Leadership Team Operations Review meetings.
- Leads regularly scheduled Board Finance Committee meetings and quarterly Investment Review meetings. Works closely with Board Treasurer to maintain open communication and understanding of our financial results and overall financial condition.
- Attends Board Meetings and Board Committee meetings to communicate financial information. Conducts financial training, when needed.
- Responsible for annual audits and financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for all tax filings either in-house or coordinated through third-party tax accounting firm.
- Responsible for the coordination and control of the daily operation of the organization’s accounting and financial reporting activities.
- Protects the assets of the organization through effective internal controls, internal auditing, insurance coverage, and supervision of financial operations.
- Responsible for the production of monthly consolidated balance sheets and multi-department, multi-company income statements for the affiliate.
- Reviews financial results of the organization by department, compares them to established budgets, and communicates results to managers, directors and staff throughout the organization.
- Leads and directs program managers in the preparation of short-term and long-range multi-department, multi-company budgets and forecasts based on corporate goals and growth objectives as defined in the organization’s strategic plans and annual plans. Responsible for the aggregation of all department budgets and the preparation of consolidated budgets.
- Maintain effective fiscal department organization, ensuring continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the team as well as individual staff development and succession.
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate financial records.
- Oversees the investment advisors in activities such as custodian of endowment funds, securities, and other investment assets of the organization.
- Oversees treasury management and debt management functions.
- Appraises the organization’s financial position and issues periodic reports on organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Analyzes information related to general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations.
- Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution, and estimates their financial impact through financial modeling.
- Evaluates and recommends business partnering opportunities related to financial operations.
- Evaluates current policies and procedures and recommends changes to reduce risk and improve productivity.
- Serves in a strategic role related to affiliate security, facilities, and IT planning.
- Serves as lead in affiliate-wide risk management assessment and mitigation.
- Serves as HIPAA Security Officer and as Corporate Compliance Officer.
Directly supervises the Controller and Director of Data Analytics. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these positions and will be charged with evaluating and determining ultimate reporting lines and direct supervision to ensure all supervisory responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- At least 5 years related management experience in the area of finance and accounting
- CPA and Public Accounting experience
- Financial reporting and analysis experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are imperative
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.