Prospect Capital Management seeks an exceptional Investment Professional to join our real estate team.
We offer the opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and fast-paced investment firm that has completed over 345 investments totaling $12.3 billion over the last 10 years, spanning private credit, private equity, real estate, and structured finance. Prospect’s real estate private equity business is housed within National Property REIT Corp. (“NPRC”), a private, wholly owned REIT that has invested over $2.4 billion in multifamily, student housing, and self-storage properties. NPRC currently owns 39 MFR communities and 12 Division One student housing properties.
Our real estate Investment Professional position requires strong academic credentials, prior real estate underwriting experience (ideally in suburban MFR located in secondary and tertiary markets) and a willingness to succeed in a challenging and competitive environment.
- Modelling, underwriting, diligencing, and closing equity investments in real estate across various asset classes, with an emphasis on multifamily
- Creating and presenting detailed memos to Investment Committee for deal approval
- Identifying, negotiating, and maintaining potential joint venture partners
- Portfolio management assignments, including tasks related to re-financings, dispositions, and oversight of joint venture partners
- Other ad hoc assignments, including capital raising and research assignments
- 5+ years of experience focused on equity investments in the US real estate market with a demonstrated focus on multifamily
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in academic, professional, and personal endeavors
- Experience with: multifamily transactions involving multi-tiered joint venture waterfalls or similar structures, deal diligence and vetting of potential operating partners, evaluating first mortgage financing alternatives from GSE, CMBS and other sources
- Knowledgeable about market trends in US real estate asset classes, especially multifamily real estate and GSE financing programs relating thereto
- Strong verbal and written skills – incoming investment professionals are expected to interact every day with JV partners and senior management
- Proactive team player with excellent multitasking skills and a positive attitude