Qualcomm Technologies Inc., headquartered in San Diego California, invents breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates. Qualcomm is an R&D engine with our foundational technologies powering revolutions across smartphones, the Internet of Things, and connected/autonomous automobiles. We have connected billions of people for over 30 years. We invented CDMA, pioneered 3G and 4G, and are leading the way to 5G and a new era of intelligent, connected devices. A Fortune 500 company with more than $34B in 2021 revenues, Qualcomm employs a diverse workforce of over 45,000.
Qualcomm Technologies – Strategy & Business Development Team
Working closely with the various business units, the Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for leading the overall strategy development for the company and driving new business initiatives. The team is responsible for driving Qualcomm’s strategic initiatives, making ecosystem investments, establishing strategic partnerships and joint ventures, as well as incubating new businesses.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Strategy, Research, & Analysis, this role will support the development & communication of Qualcomm business strategy and strategic initiatives
· Conduct market research and collect business intelligence to inform Qualcomm strategy and strategic initiatives
· Develop business cases with detailed financial analysis for new strategic initiatives
· Assist with identification of strategic initiatives to exploit new business opportunities
· Prepare presentations in support of strategic initiatives
· Contribute and actively participate in communicating Qualcomm strategy throughout the organization by preparing top management presentations for company-wide all-hands meetings and presentation to the CEO and Board of Directors
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
· 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, financial advisory, corporate development, or strategy in a corporation; or
· 2+ years of experience working in a technical engineering or computer science role which required direct application of electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science to solve technical problems
· 2+ years of experience in and deep understanding of mobile, wireless, automotive, and/or IoT industries
· Experience in market research, strategy formulation, and strategy implementation
· Strong financial skills (analysis, valuation, and modeling)
· Strong analytical skills (esp. Excel analysis of P&L and market forecasting)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills (esp. executive presentations)
· Self-driven and motivated with strong persuasive skills
Required: Currently enrolled in full-time Masters of Business Administration degree program at a global top-15 university. GPA 3.5 or higher out of 4 (or equivalent) is preferred.
Preferred (In addition to MBA): Bachelor of Science/Master of Science degree in electrical/electronic engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent field from a global top-50 university with GPA 3.5 or higher out of 4 (or equivalent).