Please note: this posting is intended to include all internship opportunities. for specific job descriptions, please check out rapidsos.com/careers
In the time it takes you to read this job description, roughly 1,380 emergencies will be handled by RapidSOS.
RapidSOS is hiring! Join an advanced emergency technology start-up in transforming emergency response for hundreds of millions of people globally.
In partnership with public safety, RapidSOS has created the world’s first emergency response data platform that securely links life-saving data from 350M+ connected devices directly to 911 and first responders in an emergency. Through the platform, we’re providing intelligent data that supports over 4,800 Emergency Communications Centers, protecting 90%+ of people in the US, across 150 million emergencies annually.
Partnering with innovative companies recognized as RapidSOS Ready, we’re striving to reach everyone. Together, we’re empowering a faster and smarter response by sending first responders critical data like your exact location, real-time health information, and crash data. We’re united in our commitment to a safer, stronger future where technology and people work seamlessly together to save lives.
RapidSOS is backed by top venture capital firms and the former C-suite of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Virgin Group, Lucent, Raytheon, the FCC, Harvard Data Initiative, and MIT.
RapidSOS in last 20 months:
- Grew from 10k users to 350M
- Launched in multiple countries internationally
- Grew team 3x+
- Grew revenue 10x+
- Raised $89M ($150M+ in total)
- Managed 150m+ emergencies, saving over 6,000 lives
What this role is about:
RapidSOS’s Fall Internship program is part-time, and designed to complement your education with real-world experience. This program will allow you to own key strategic initiatives across a rapidly growing start-up, working closely and cross-functionally with senior leaders throughout the company. This is an amazing opportunity to not only join a rising and dynamic startup but also make a measurable impact.
As a Strategy intern, you will support the organization in the cultivation of new business opportunities. You will get the opportunity to help design a GTM engine for a new area of business, assist in creating a new business monetization strategy, and develop a post-M&A integration playbook for RapidSOS. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy developing new business opportunities around the world and developing our growing team’s strategy and operations.
What you’ll do:
- Support RapidSOS in its growth and development by owning key strategic initiatives
- Collaborate cross-functionally with senior leaders throughout the company
- Participate in weekly intern programming and events
- Conduct detailed research and analysis on variety of segments to support the growth of RapidSOS
- Own a project (or multiple!) from start to finish
- Assist the team with additional ad hoc projects
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, depending on the nature of the work
- Highly self-motivated with tons of initiative
- Ability and appetite to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Laser-sharp attention to detail and a high standard for excellence
- No ego – our team believes in “purpose over pride” where no task is beneath us
- Operates with urgency and thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Dynamic, fun work environment with a highly talented team
- Flexible startup work environment
- The opportunity to make a measurable impact within a growing startup
It’s our top priority to offer all of our team members fair and equitable compensation that has been thoroughly researched and benchmarked against market data. The budgeted range for MBA insternships starts at $40- $45 per hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.