Summer 2021 Intern – MBA Field Sales Strategy
California – San Francisco
*This internship role opens to international students.
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
Mulesoft, a salesforce company, is the world’s leading platform for integration in the enterprise, powering digital transformation for thousands of customers around the world. The AMER Sales Strategy team provides MuleSoft’s leadership team with complex analyses and strategic insights to accelerate business performance across our entire cross-functional sales motion – from top of the funnel demand generation for new prospects through expanding our footprint in our existing customers.
The Field Sales Strategy MBA intern will report to MuleSoft’s Sales Strategy Lead for the Americas and will work closely with our senior field leaders. The MBA Intern’s focus area will be a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy, sales operations, business analytics, and financial reporting – requiring a mix of executive-level reporting, data analysis, process optimization, and business operational support.
To complete this work, the MBA Intern will dive deep into our KPIs, testing well-formulated hypotheses with rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify trends, hotspots, and opportunities. The work will directly support many aspects of executive-level decision making at a high-growth software company including:
- Go-to-market strategy evolution
- Sales organization design
- Demand generation and pipeline analysis
- Business forecasting and planning
The successful candidate will have exceptional analytical capabilities, high degree of attention to detail, a relentless curiosity, and possess a passion for creating innovative analysis to identify opportunities. Candidates should be naturally inclined to recommend and implement ways to improve the efficiency of our work. Moreover, candidates must excel at extracting insights from data and converting ideas to action. Candidates should have a passion to excel at their core role and the curiosity and energy to serve as a utility player across the team.
Position responsibilities will include a mix of project-based as well as operating activities. For example:
- Support quarterly business reviews of prior performance and future priorities
- Support monthly cross-functional review of sales funnel performance to identify hot spots, develop corrective actions, and monitor on-going impact of those adjustments
- Create CEO-ready presentations by leveraging the Field Analytics team’s business intelligence products and partnering with business leaders to craft compelling storylines
- Support the long-range plan for revenue growth
- Investigate, test, develop, and codify leading indicators of business performance
- Support initiatives and reporting to optimize partnerships with Salesforce’s core sales teams
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and modelling to support executive decision making
- Currently pursuing an MBA, graduating in the spring of 2022
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in FP&A, consulting, or investment banking preferred
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation to learn and go above and beyond
- Ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency and prioritization
- Detailed, organized, and solution oriented
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets modeling capabilities
- Tableau Desktop experience preferred
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred
- Familiarity with subscription software business models a plus
- Undergraduate coursework in mathematics, economics, accounting, business, or statistics a plus
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.