The Sales Executive is responsible for generating new business at both a named set of accounts and at generating business at prospect accounts. The SE conveys the value of the Marco portfolio to end users, supply houses and maintenance contractors to positively impact revenue. The SE is will lead all efforts to deepen and widen relationships in all assigned accounts. The role will also be responsible for interfacing with customers to process orders and inquiries by quoting product prices, providing delivery specifications and payment terms and by offering substitute products where applicable. It is expected that 50% of the SE’s time is spent working with named accounts and prospects to grow revenue and 50% of the time responding to direct inquiries and supporting the outside sales organization.
Key Targets and Responsibilities
Establish new and/or building on existing relationship with assigned accounts.
· Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
· Effectively engage, qualify, and lead clients through the Marco selling process.
· Meet agreed upon sales and activity targets.
· Develop and maintain an effective daily plan to engage potential prospects.
· Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate outside sales executives for further development and closure.
· Answer phones effectively respond to clients and track interactions via ACT.
· Quote product, prices, delivery specifications and payment terms and offer substitute products where appropriate.
· Establish an effective schedule and work processes to effectively manage responsibilities.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BS/BA degree (preferred) – will accept experience in lieu of education
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in manufactured products, steel, fiberglass
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals and achieve sales quotas
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Experience with customer relationship management software (ACT).
- Intellectual curiosity
- High Energy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Value creation acumen
- Results oriented
- Sound judgment
- Flexibility and resourcefulness