We have an opening in our Water Resource and Development department for an Financial Compliance Specialist. We are passionate about the environment while delivering life sustaining, high quality water service to families and communities. We embrace progress, provide training & development to inspire success in every aspect of our business and culture. In addition, we provide a competitive benefits package and 401(K).
We are seeking a drive Financial Compliance Specialist We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment along with a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package.
Working under the general supervision of the Compliance Manager, the Financial Compliance Specialist coordinates data gathering and reporting to the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) and coordination of financial analysis pertaining to rate design. Work also includes responding to special data inquiries, both internal and external, regarding use, connection counts, and finance, for purposes of broader regulatory compliance. Assists with merger and acquisition projects via work in the due diligence phase and additional support as needed. Works cooperatively with the Compliance and Accounting departments; some coordination with Engineering and Customer Service departments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare clear and compelling written materials;
- Maintains records and prepares reports and other analyses as required;
- Develop forecasts of rates, revenues, debts, and financial structure to forecast ongoing operations, major improvements, and levels of financing and revenue required to support planned activities;
- Provided expertise and reports during general rate case proceedings;
- May represent the Company, negotiates with and interfaces with the Public Utilities Commission or Texas staff on matters related to filings, applications, and complaints;
- Provide support and analysis during the due diligence processes for acquisitions;
- Build and maintain communications and trust based relationships with state and local elected officials, business leaders, water industry colleagues, environmental organizations, other stakeholders, and government decision makers;
- Prepare regulatory applications and filings for the Public Utility Commission of Texas such as pass-through charge filings, annual reports, and Sale, Transfer, Merger applications ;
- Monitor state legislation and Utility Commission dockets for rule changes impacting financial or accounting practices;
- Other projects as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, and methods used in field of accounting, economics and financial analysis;
- Knowledge or learn utility rate-making methodologies and regulatory requirements;
- Ability to utilize current applications of word processing or spreadsheet software programs;
- Ability to create statistical reports from various data sources;
- Knowledge or ability to learn the processes and filings required by the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Ability to multitask while staying attentive to details and changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, economics, engineering, accounting or a relevant field required;
- MBA or CPA or equivalent financial and/or accounting experience preferred;
- Experience in rate analysis, design, financial and economic analyses, acquisition due diligence and budget development strongly preferred.
Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record. Occasional regional travel to Austin or potential acquisition sites. Normal office physical activity required while utilizing standard office machines. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.