SNH Business Strategy & Transformation (BST) team members are the dedicated consultants of SNH Capital Partners, a leading middle market investor with top decile returns. Our team of consultants provides services, counsel, and proven solutions to enable the companies we partner with continue to grow, evolve, and lead.
Unlike a traditional private equity firm with a mandate to sell its assets quickly, our evergreen strategy and proprietary capital source enable us to partner with best-in-class management teams and share our resources with them not just for the next five years, but for 20 years and beyond. We seek to retain the high-performing executive leadership teams which created the results that have led to their success, and simply offer additional resources. These long-term partnerships are built on day-to-day interactions with the investment team and you.
We are seeking a post-MBA consultant who will work across our playbook areas in sales growth, revenue optimization, operations, strategic procurement, finance, talent acquisition, business intelligence. The consultant will begin to develop an expertise in a particular playbook area and will have a traditional consulting career development path as expertise is developed. The consultant will partner closely with the managing director of the BST team and the investment team to identify value creation opportunities, shape and align on implementation, and support execution and long-term success.
• Partners with our companies to provide available resources to them, working with executive leadership to educate on available tools and levers within the team
o Play the role of a traditional consulting partner; gain respect and build trust to develop lasting relationships
o Work with executive to develop his/her vision and implement the executive’s high-level strategy
o Willing to roll up his/her sleeves to help executives drive results
o Highly internally motivated to partner with executive leadership, identify areas of potential value add, and drive internal team’s rigor to meet objectives
• Maintain ownership and continuous improvement of firm’s primary playbook areas (sales growth, revenue optimization, operations, strategic procurement, finance, talent acquisition, business intelligence)
o Drives quality improvements across projects and processes
• Support founder-driven growth companies by partnering with CEO in launch of companies
• Drives decisions based on quantitative analysis; provides visibility to investment team and firm on progress of strategic initiatives
• High drive and comfort with traveling to various partner companies and being on site for important strategic meetings and process deployments
• Takes responsibility for shaping own goals and actions, works autonomously and with considerable latitude
• Building knowledge of own content area and understanding of intermediate or complex resources, systems, and procedures
• Promotes collaboration, contributes to team success, and coaches more junior colleagues
• Leads own work stream in collaboration with senior staff identifying, analyzing, and monitoring opportunities for operational improvements in existing or new investments, including
independently building and validating models, creating plans for execution, and implementing them to achieve favorable outcomes
• Monitors portfolio company performance, identifies opportunities for improvement in own area, and prepares summaries for senior staff
• Prepares reports, presentations, and other required materials for meetings with the investment committee, portfolio company, and others.
• 2+ years of experience. This could include years of experience post-undergrad or experience post-MBA consulting, but must include 2+ years of experience in management consulting
• High capacity and desire for growth
• Demonstrable knowledge of the key strategic elements of business improvement
• Focused on outcomes; committed to continuous improvement
• Eager to complete hands-on projects and to be sole producer in conjunction with one analyst-support support team member
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high degree of professional presentation
• Ability to travel up to 20% to work onsite with companies and executive leadership
• Austin-based or willing to relocate
SNH Capital Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.