POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
SCHEDULE: 8:00am to 5:00pm; Monday through Friday; some overtime and weekends required.
INTERNAL TRANSFERS: To qualify for an internal transfer at Sun Coast, you must have been in your current position for a minimum of one year, and be in good standing. Internal applicants should notify their supervisor or manager of their interest in the new position.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, APPLICANTS MUST HAVE a CPA license with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, 4 to 6 years of corporate accounting experience; prior experience with an audit firm preferred, SAP FICO, SAP MM and SAP COPA experience, and must be highly proficient in advanced Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT performs complex accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis requiring full professional competency. Position will assist in completing the financial closing process and issue monthly and year-end financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Senior Accountant will support the financial reporting, business planning, budgeting processes, business process improvements, internal control reviews and perform key business analyses and metrics monitoring throughout the Company’s financial and operational departments.
· Review and Approve general ledger transactions and Reconciliations performed by Finance Department staff.
· Perform general ledger transactions and reconciliations for respective assigned accounts.
· Train and lead accountants on a daily basis providing guidance and support.
· Manage and document chart of accounts changes, additions, subtractions and adjustments.
· Leading monthly financial closing and preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules
· Lead the monthly Variation Analysis and Expense Analysis performed by the Finance Department.
· Assist in the development of financial analyses including profitability by location, truck or department.
· Prepare bank compliance and reporting packages (FCCR and covenant calculations)
· Serve as key contact for the Company’s annual financial audit as well as bank examinations, Workers Compensation Audits, Asset Appraisals and Sales & Use Tax Audits. Provide support to the external auditors as requested including assisting with the preparation of the Company’s annual audit schedules.
· Assist the Director of Accounting & Financial Reporting with the Budgeting, Planning and Projections processes.
· Support the Corporate Controller and Director of Accounting with Operational and Financial projects and objectives.
· Enhance efficiency within the Finance Departments utilizing automation and process improvements.
· Support / establish department training programs to continuously improve the Finance Department skillset.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
· Active CPA license preferred.
· 4 to 6 years of corporate accounting experience preferred.
· SAP experience (FICO) preferred.
· Highly proficient in advanced MS Excel (pivot tables / vlookup) and Word
· Must be able to work within complex database systems (Monarch / Tableau)
· Must have strong communication skills w/ability to interact/ develop strong internal peer working relationships.
· Must be able to multi-task effectively and have a keen attention to detail.
· Must have strong general ledger experience and knowledge
· Ability to research and document technical accounting matters
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess a “Hands-on” professional attitude.
Sun Coast Resources, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.