We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Our Summer Internship Program at Sysco is a 10-week paid program designed to enhance your education by providing real-world experience. At Sysco we challenge you, stretch you, and prepare you for your future through what will be a rewarding, world-class experience with the leader in the foodservice industry.
Your internship is designed to provide you with the skills and professional experience to take with you well beyond the classroom. During the 10-week program, you are involved in much more than the day-to-day operations of the company.
- As an intern, you are exposed to relevant projects and challenges in a dynamic environment.
- We equip you with the knowledge, skill, and expertise needed for the next level.
- Will work with and be mentored by the best and the brightest and receive valuable performance feedback.
- Planned social activities provide exposure and opportunities for you to network with leading industry professionals.
- Offer a variety of learning experiences through training, development, and mentorship while completing a meaningful project to support and drive the business.
Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and / or Experience:
- Students pursuing a Bachelor degree with concentrations in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering.
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.0)
Job Duties Could Include:
- Work on process improvement projects throughout various business functions
- Work on identifying and qualifying opportunities to deploy Intelligent Automation such as Robotic Process Automation
- Create process maps, SIPOCS, and swim lane diagrams to depict current and future state process flows
- Select, collect, and analyze data to find root causes of performance issues
- Develop and create customized reports and dashboards that provide insight into key performance indicators
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Develop an understanding of the Sysco approach, methodology, and tools
- Identify various business issues, and provide solutions via research
- Establish working relationships with client personnel
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Ability to manage competing priorities, handle multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity in a matrix organization
- Ability to analyze complex issues, reason, think critically, and synthesize information
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at various levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.