Manager, Customer and Competitive Intelligence
US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
*Relocation to Houston not required for the right candidate.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
BS/MS degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Market research or related field
3+ years in business strategy, intelligence, marketing, corporate analytics, market research or similar job function
Technical Skills and Abilities:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Develop and manage a work plan to drive new segmentation approaches (market maps) which drive strategic action for the enterprise in all functional areas.
- Identify and build recommendation for internal and external data sets needed to drive ongoing view of the market map.
- Develop and support necessary in-market pilots (in collaboration with research and strategy teams) to either prove Sysco’s ability to win in opportunity segments and/or inform what is required to be successful in these segments.
- Drive economic research to support financial and category planning.
- Manage customer data and taxonomy work in connection with market map(s).
- Leverage customer insights and analysis of 3rd party data to determine which customers Sysco should win with over next 3-5 years within target market segments.
- Provide recommendations on how to win with top customers.
- Lead development of how customer intelligence can integrate into various functional dashboards.
- Support the creation of Sysco’s CI vision and roadmap.
- Lead project team to develop and implement an integrated competitive intelligence tool, training and process.
- Manage development of a continuous feedbacklistening tool to scaleshare MA knowledge (working with research director).
- Create outside in profit analysis of the competition regardless of ownership.
- Develop deep and ongoing understanding of competitor’s value proposition to inform future Sysco offers.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong experience in identifying, understanding and leveraging 3rd party data sets to drive business insights
- Ability to understand and analyze competitive and customer P&Ls
- Ability to develop work plans and manage cross functional teams to achieve a common goal
- Market/Consumer research experience a plus
- Experience working in the context of a large, complex organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are critical to success
- Demonstrated ability to approach problem solving in an “unconventional” way
- Managing and coaching high-performing, results-oriented associates
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical ability to work at an abstract level
- Manger/doer with ability to operate effectively and influence others in a matrix organization
- Self starter with strong ability to manage and develop team members
- Professional attitude, service orientation, strong work ethic; superb team player
- Excels in nebulous environments where the path to address a problem is not always clear or direct
- Approaches every problem with an outside in perspective first and does not allow the status quo to influence analysis
Sysco is the global leader in food service distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 14,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. We are looking for talented, hardworking individuals to join our team and experience the heart of food and service.