*This position is for recent and upcoming college grads ONLY (between Spring of 2023 through Spring of 2024)
The NGL Marketing & Logistics Developmental Business Analyst conducts and coordinates related research and financial modeling to aid in supporting strategic business planning within the Downstream assets. They will build skills in Interpreting, evaluating, and communicating research data and work towards developing integrated business analyses and projections. The Business Analyst will gain knowledge to provide insight to earnings related to NGL Logistics & Marketing and will assist in the validation of entries in Targa’s transactional/accounting system for accuracy and consistency with contracts, inventory positions and analyses. As a developmental role, the Analyst will be guided to create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement. The Analyst will have an opportunity to complete rotations within roles that support our NGL Marketing & Logistics developmental tracks.
Entry level opportunities in Targa’s Analyst Development Program are comprised of developmental assignments in various functional areas of the company which are outlined below. A Development Analyst in Targa’s ADP will have rotational assignments to gain experience while contributing to multiple groups within Targa. Development paths will be designed to broaden skills and interests in different areas, consistent with Targa’s business needs. An Analyst is given assignments in core business functions where they assume the responsibilities of a typical full-time employee. Each assignment typically lasts 12 months dependent on Targa’s business needs.
The ADP is managed by a small team comprised of senior leaders who coordinate the rotational assignments and provide oversight in developmental training. The Development Analyst directly reports to a Line Manager that provides training, guidance, and continuous feedback to support the Analyst throughout the program.
Note: There are not any pre-established sequence of assignments. Instead, development paths will be designed to broaden skills and interests in development areas, as well as reflect Targa’s business needs.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commercial Functional Support
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics, or a related field is required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrated quantitative skills with proficiency developing financial models and analyzing financial statements.
- Ability to work independently on multiple, concurrent tasks with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work across functional business groups to resolve discrepancies and implement solutions.
- Reasonable and Reliable Attendance.
- Business/Finance based experience and/or internships
- Business/Finance related degree path
- Knowledge of basic business principles and analyses
- Working experience with RightAngle, OneStream, and Power BI
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources provides equal employment opportunities based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria and without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also strive to provide reasonable accommodation to employees’ beliefs and practices that do not conflict with Targa’s policies and applicable law. We value the unique contributions that every employee brings to their role with Targa.