Summer Associate Role
The goal of the Summer Associate role is to provide MBA and PhD students the opportunity to apply finance and economic theory and practice to litigation and corporate strategy issues. Summer Associates work on projects that cover a subset of issues within a project team; communicate directly with project managers; conduct valuable research and have the opportunity to interact with the company’s Principals.
This internship opportunity is especially beneficial to those who would like to gain exposure to a professional services environment where one can apply knowledge and skills to solving real world issues for clients. This internship will provide exposure to the rigorous process of conducting effective, thorough research and analysis which then is communicated to clients. The position requires a working knowledge of financial and economic concepts as well as a command of a broad range of quantitative skills.
The Brattle Group seeks highly motivated and energetic applicants who possess an interest in economic consulting with a strong research and quantitative background. Other valuable skills include strong writing abilities, presentation and communication skills, and some familiarity with programming. Summer Associates are generally not expected to travel.
Ideal Summer Associate Candidates
• Working towards a MBA or PhD in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or related fields
• A strong foundation in quantitative analysis, and/or several years of relevant work experience (preferably in professional services, finance, and/or government)
• Demonstrated record of outstanding academic and/or practical accomplishment
• Possess intellectual curiosity, strong analytic and quantitative skills, along with practical problem solving abilities
• An entrepreneurial drive
• Have a desire to work in a collaborative team environment
• COVID Vaccine Required*
How Our Recruiting Process Works
We are seeking Summer Associates to work in our Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Toronto, ON; or Washington, DC offices. In order to be considered for a Summer Associate position, interested candidates should submit the following materials online at our website:
• A cover letter (describing your interest in economic and financial consulting and location preference)
• Transcripts (unofficial copies of both undergraduate and graduate are accepted)
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should submit a request for accommodation by contacting Recruiting@Brattle.com