Do you want to lead the operations of a rapidly growing data analytics business in Atlanta, GA, where you will have a wide span of control and broad decision-making authority? Are you excited by the prospect of unlocking new insights for customers through precise analysis, building and leading teams, creating processes, developing new service offerings, and shaping strategy? If this sounds like you, apply for the VP of Operations role at The Colography Group, LLC. Reporting to and collaborating extensively with the company President, as VP of Operations, you will lead all internal operations, freeing the President to focus externally on clients and revenue generation.
The Colography Group, LLC is a market research and data analytics firm focused on the shipping and logistics industry headquartered in the Atlanta suburbs. The company works with the top worldwide shipping companies to deliver timely insights into the shipping and logistics market’s current state and where these markets are headed. Colography’s customers rely upon these insights to make mission-critical decisions about the future of their operations. Colography is led by Mike Dames, a graduate of the US Military Academy at West Point and The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, in partnership with Halstatt Legacy Partners. To learn more about The Colography Group, visit the website at http://colography.com/
Halstatt Legacy Partners is an investor in small businesses, and we partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to buy and grow great companies. Our mission is to help our entrepreneur partners optimize their leadership of the business they acquire, thereby guiding the business to achieve new levels of growth and profitability. We accomplish this mission alongside our entrepreneur partners through a mix of coaching, mentorship, funding, and rolling up our sleeves to help throughout their entrepreneurial journey. Our operating companies include The Colography Group in Atlanta, GA, Hanlon Acoustical Ceilings in Tampa, FL, Perfect Surface in Houston, TX, RedRock Financial in Cleveland, OH, and Satterfield Paving in Durham, NC. To learn more about Halstatt Legacy Partners, visit the website at http://www.halstattlegacy.com/
This role is critical for Colography’s long-term success. As VP of Operations, you will create scalable processes to support the company’s growth while also maintaining the company’s sterling reputation for quality analysis and market insights. You will lead the firm’s internal operations with the autonomy to determine the best course of action to ensure your team delivers on its commitments. Further, you will identify and implement operational improvements, ensuring individual, project, and company performance is objectively measured.
What types of activities should you expect to take on in this role?
Below is a sample of activities in which you will engage:
1. Analytics Leadership – Lead the data analyst team to ensure impeccable analytics quality, timely report generation, productivity management, effective client communications, and profitability.
2. Call Center Leadership – Manage the call center team, which is comprised of up to 40 callers and their direct manager, to deliver efficient, timely, and accurate data collection.
3. Project Profitability Management – track and manage client engagement profitability to deliver upon target margins.
4. Scalable Operations Management– develop detailed standard operating procedures, training materials, and tools to enable the analytics and data collection teams to grow while maintaining the highest quality standards.
5. Client Liaising – steer discussions between both technical and non-technical client team members and Colography’s analytical team.
6. Human Resources – head capacity planning, recruiting, and training efforts along with the employee evaluation processes.
7. Performance Management – Create and update dashboard metrics for performance tracking, holding key stakeholders accountable.
8. Thought Partnership – Work directly with Colography’s President to define and achieve tactical and strategic priorities, then drive the execution of these goals across the organization.
9. Board Engagement – Compile and present critical operational performance insights from monthly, quarterly and annual performance.
10. Technology Management– Serve as in-house lead for software systems, computing hardware, and the rest of the IT infrastructure while working with the external resources who manage them.
11. R&D – Develop new survey, data analysis and collection tools, techniques, and processes along with new service offerings.
12. Whatever it takes – Act like an owner. From taking out the trash to visiting a customer, our culture dictates that you exercise the appropriate decision-making and initiative to solve problems as they arise.
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to get to know you. To take the next step, please apply at the link in this posting.