TMC is currently seeking an intelligent and ambitious Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) to support and promote TMC Innovation’s efforts through the ACT program. ACT is designed for individuals or early-stage startups that are focused on developing novel cancer therapeutics. This comprehensive nine-month accelerator program is focused on enhancing biotech entrepreneurship training and accelerating the participating companies’ progression to their next major milestone. The EIR will work with participating companies throughout this program, equipped at helping them navigate the path of drug development and the structuring of their businesses to be positioned for success. The EIR will be expected to engage with numerous companies at varying stages and areas of clinical focus. This opportunity is unique in that the EIR will be joining TMC Innovation in launching this program and supporting the inaugural ACT class.
DUTIES AND RESPONSISIBLITIES
- Scout and recruit early-stage drug development companies that would be suitable for ACT program.
- Evaluate the commercialization potential of companies applying to program.
- Mentor ACT participants in developing their roadmap for product and company development.
- Assist ACT participants in achieving short-term milestones and setting the course for those more long-term goals.
- Participate in the recruiting and supporting of a TMC ACT advisor network comprised of subject matter experts who will support the program and participating companies.
- Participate in annual progress reports as dictated by the grant-awardee Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT).
KEY SELECTION AND SUCCESS FACTORS
- 5-10 years of cumulative experience in early stage oncology therapeutic development and entrepreneurship with lecturing and/or mentoring experience
- History of consultation, collaboration or employment with healthcare start-ups
- During your EIR term, you will be expected to disclose any business affiliations, commitments, or other employment opportunities you may have or may develop with other companies, academic institutions or other organizations.
- Advanced degree in healthcare-related field or business with demonstrated entrepreneurial experience
- Demonstrated interest and passion in entrepreneurship, startups, innovation, and/or healthcare
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic capabilities and experience with a variety of analytic techniques
- Sees projects through to completion with the ability to meet deadlines
- Adept in taking direction and actively soliciting feedback
- Thrives under pressure with the capacity to handle and balance conflicting requests
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite of programs