This position will support key corporate financial processes including corporate budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis as well as providing economic analysis and due diligence support for merger, divestiture, and acquisition projects for the Company.
· Maintain Excel-based forecast models. Gather and validate volume, contractual terms, expenses, and other assumptions needed for the model.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of assets and contracts, ensuring forecast model reflects correct contract terms and operational assumptions.
· Consult with department and cost center managers to ensure completion of operating, corporate, and capital expenditure projections.
· Utilizing external sources, research and document industry trends and producer activity that may affect volume and revenue projections.
· Utilize volume projections and contract terms to develop revenue projections.
· Compile and analyze budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and variances from historical actuals and budgets.
· Summarize budgets and submit formal budget presentation to management for approval.
· Analyze monthly budget-to-actual and forecast-to-actual variance reports to maintain expenditure controls and accurate forecast process.
· Support the preparation of annual budget.
· Review actual spending to analyze trends affecting budget & forecast processes.
· Update forecast to incorporate variances in revenue, operating expenditures and capital expenditures.
· Prepare quarterly forecast and management presentation.
· Assist with economic evaluation of capital strategies, growth projects, acquisitions, and divestitures.
· Provide ad-hoc support, operational models, and analysis as needed.
· Other projects and duties as assigned.
· Works in an office environment.
Education and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or another analytical degree required. MBA or other graduate degree a plus.
· Minimum three(3) years of relevant financial analysis experience, preferably in energy.
· Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
· Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
· Flexibility to work overtime during peak periods.
· Must be detail-oriented with outstanding analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization including both written and oral required.
· Ability to be a self-starter, handle multiple projects, prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.