Corporate Finance Analyst
We’re beyond excited to kick off applications for our next analyst. Analysts at Vanreusel Ventures will sit on the corporate finance/CFO team and work closely with CFOs both on current and potential new clients as well as new product development. They gain exposure to our network of startup and growth companies, as well as insight into our financial process.
We believe this process is one of the elements that makes Vanreusel Ventures unique and keeps fresh ideas flowing in and out of our team. If you have a desire to learn and are focused on creating a rewarding career we hope you will consider applying.
We are a startup with big ambitions. We provide independent corporate finance and part-time CFO services for international companies with revenues between $2-20 million and select engagements up to $100 million. We are actively engaged in strategically scaling our clients across 10 countries and are looking to train the right individual to assist us in growing the delivery of our services and products. This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at an early stage and help grow and develop our organization to a high level.
What are we looking for in candidates? We are looking for people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and working with entrepreneurs from the earliest days. More than any particular background, we look for candidates who are intellectually curious, have strong analytical and communication skills, thrive off of new ideas and can push our thinking.
Candidates should have demonstrated a high level of initiative in a prior activity and have at least 3 years of relevant Finance/Accounting work experience. We are hoping for candidates from a myriad of diverse backgrounds within relevant fields.
This is a significant role in which you will help our clients create a strong financial foundation upon which to scale their business internationally. This is a fast-paced,high-energy, deadline-driven position in an entrepreneurial environment.
James will spend one-on-one time with you to ensure your success. He will engage with you at the early stages and equip you for more responsibility as time progresses.
Due to the high-growth nature of our business, the duties and responsibilities of this position will evolve over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position. As such, we provide coaching and mentoring towards your goals.
You’ll work side-by-side with a small but highly creative, motivated team committed to making a transformational difference in the lives of our clients.
Our team frequently works from our office in downtown San Francisco. The working hours are typically 8:30am to 5:30pm PST, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible, as we are more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends which might happen a few times a year.
You’ll experience a family-friendly culture, where values, intelligence, motivation, behavior and experience are highly regarded. Our best people understand the team and what we want to accomplish, they share our values and are driven to make a difference.
This position is based in our San Francisco office with the opportunity to work remotely and entails minimal travel unless requested by the client.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Client delivery: 75-90%
- Business Development: 5%
- Projects/new products: 5-15%
- Professional growth: 5%
- Admin: 5%
Client delivery: 75-90%
- Provides financial analysis for a strategic channel, vertical and geographic expansion plans.
- Drives business results and accountability. Mobilizes information gathering and analysis resources to focus on most impactful priorities.
- Provides financial modeling and due diligence expertise for acquisitions.
- Oversee FP&A, financial reporting, and KPI tracking. Ability to run the budgeting process from start to finish.
- Capital raising and communicate crisply with investors
- Corporate finance – working along with different capital structures and maximizing a company’s valuation
- Manage an audit process on a tight time schedule across multiple geographies.
- Develop a sound understanding of the core IT systems and software being used for managing day-to-day operations.
- Ensure strict application and compliance of the company’s financial and HR management policies, procedures & controls. Ensure regulatory compliance and 100% timely payment of various taxes and reporting.
- Train, develop and mentor the finance and accounting departments of clients
- Take the lead in working with multiple companies — you will be accountable to clients
- Present to and attend meetings with CEOs and Board of Directors.
- Develop forward-looking models and financial analyses to support our clients as we develop new business and delivery models
New product development: 5-15%
- Ability to think outside the box to develop new software products
- Create new products to upsell to clients
Business Development: 5%
- Ability to network and establish new relationships within the financial and startup ecosystem
- Ability to make an ask
Professional growth: 5%
- Dedicate time to working through online corporate finance courses to establish a baseline
- Prepare for and attend weekly 1-1s for coaching and mentoring
- Ability to attend specific conferences
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior and divisional management, both one-on-one and in presentation format.
- Ability to work effectively across many functions requiring the ability to quickly establish trust and rapport with divisional finance and operating managers.
- Ability to convert detailed financial analysis to understandable summaries and recommendations for management.
- High energy and self-confidence and quick learner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner, self-motivated, team player.
- Flexibility with changing priorities.
- Strong PC skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Solid finance and accounting knowledge
Qualifications & Education:
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area.
- CPA, CFA Charter holder, or working towards designation
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience working in finance and accounting
- Deep knowledge using QuickBooks (Online), Xero, INTACCT, Netsuite accounting software
- Must have experience with all aspects of accounting
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work independently
- Must be flexible with working hours to communicate with international offices
- Attention to detail, coachable, clinical adherence to deadlines
- Experience with non-profit accounting is a plus
- Bonus points for being in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Premium medical insurance 100% covered for employees
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with a impressive match
- Ability to work in person or remotely
- Professional Development budget
Vanreusel Ventures is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.