Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow, and transform their business. When you work here, you are connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it is the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware’s Office of the CTO (OCTO) charter is to look over the horizon – exploring, inspiring, and innovating to impact the future. OCTO is driving innovation programs and research, while connecting technologists from academia, to our field, to our customer and partner communities. In addition, we are focused on how VMware relates to the Open Source community and our Sustainability initiatives to positively impact and shape the future.
This specific role falls under the Data Strategy & Strategic Partnerships (DASP) team. As the name suggests, the DASP team runs the Data Strategy & Analytics Program (DSA) as well as the CTO2CxO Program. The DSA Program looks to leverage data analytics to increase cross team collaboration, improve operational efficiencies, and enable data driven business and technical decisions. The CTO2CxO Program is about aligning OCTO executives with C-level executives from industry-leading companies to build long lasting relationships and to co-innovate using cutting edge technologies.
The DASP team is seeking a 1st year full-time MBA student who matriculates in 2021 to join us. You will work independently and as a member of the team, driving cross-functional and strategic initiatives. You will have the opportunity to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment while adhering to the team charters. Some examples of the work you will do in this multi-faceted role:
Data Strategy & Analytics
- Collaborate with OCTO stakeholders and developers on data related solution designs and all stages of the SDLC – from data and requirement collection, to design, development, and testing
- Develop structure around data governance – data repositories, access, architecture, etc.
- Engage cross-functional teams in order to estimate timely delivery
- Track progress and remove roadblocks for teams
- Interact with other teams to guide them in adoption and evangelization
- Build and execute the CTO2CxO’s customer and industry engagement framework & strategy for VMware’s leading CTO and other OCTO executives
- Identify co-innovation opportunities for customer & specific verticals that solves their business challenges
- Create technology & business focused research reports on customers, industries, and partners
- 1st year MBA student with 3 – 5 years of work experience
- Experience in business analysis, requirements development, and development of business intelligence solutions (basic understanding of SQL, Python, R)
- Extensive experience building high-quality data models and C-level presentations
- Demonstrated success working and adapting in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge
- If not from the tech industry, 2+ years of general / technical consulting or investment banking experience
- Experience with reporting and data management tools (Tableau, PostgreSQL, BOBJ) and enterprise tools (Salesforce)
- Statistical knowledge & Analytics/AI/ML modelling experience using R or Python
- Experience in agile
- Experience working in virtual environments with team members spread across multiple time zones
- Passionate about technology and have a strong commitment to advance the state of IT
- High performer with track record of exceeding performance expectations and metrics