Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU) is one of the fastest growing BUs in VMware. Within CPBU, our team’s mission is to bring the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) to the mainstream by delivering integrated offerings that are simple for our customers to purchase, deploy, and operate. We deliver experiences to customers that make it easy for them to build their IT environments with VMware products so that they can focus on their business goals. We work with all the technologies across VMware to ensure that the customers benefit from the collective goodness of all that VMware offers in an integrated way.
Our solutions, vSphere, VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), vSAN, VCDR (VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery), are the cornerstone for majority of Fortune 1000 companies in their digital transformation and cloud journey.
As a Strategy & Business Operations Intern, you will be responsible for driving the strategic planning and initiatives while supporting cross-functional teams to scale growth of the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the deliverable/milestones and associated work for executives, ensuring cross functional alignment prior to C-level reviews
- Partner with senior leaders across functional teams to drive day-to-day operations and help determine GTM strategy
- Create and manage forecasting models for product, in close collaboration with Sales, Product Marketing, and Finance teams to advance key business priorities.
- Conduct Marketing sizing and analyze growth opportunities
- Act as a focal point of escalation for the field of any sales, delivery operations to identify at earlier stage and reduce risk
- Identify key metrics and build executive-facing dashboards to track progress and drive improvements of solution.
- Collaborate with corporate operations teams on new tool and reporting assessment and development
- Conduct in-depth data analysis of our business and develop key value drivers to identify growth opportunities
- Lead efforts in an unstructured environment to identify customer, partner or market insights to boost sales activity and improve decision-making and alignment across various cross-functional stakeholders
- Build and lead Market Research “Center of Excellence”, responsible for aggregating customer feedback, customer surveys, and leading market research activities across the business
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA degree
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in technology product marketing or product management, strategic management consulting, investments banking or management in entrepreneurial projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making
- Great teammate. Strong drive. Self-starter. Willing to take a role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities.
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Previous experience interacting with and presenting to executives
- Experience with enterprise software preferred
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure hardware and software
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- You are a strong leader, self-starter and excellent teammate with experience in a high achievement-oriented environment.