VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Global Strategic Sourcing develops and executes supply strategies that deliver high quality, timely, innovative, and competitive services and products that enables VMware’s organizational priorities. We employ a systematic and fact based approach for optimizing VMware’s supply base and improving the overall value proposition. We focus on the total cost of ownership incorporating needs, organization goals and market conditions. The organization is driven by a rigorous and collaborative approach that addresses all levers for savings. Our decisions are rooted in fact based analysis and market intelligence. Global Strategic Sourcing’s objectives include improving the value-to-price relationship, examining supplier relationships across the organization, leveraging the entire organization’s spend, developing and implementing competitive contracts and sharing best practices across the organization.
VMware offers its Sr. Sourcing Intern an opportunity to be part of a critical team whose charter is to provide best in class sourcing solutions through strategic partnerships and to be a trusted business partner enabling VMware’s strategic goals, through innovative sourcing. Our team consists of these main components:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Contingent Workforce Program
- Travel and Events
- Global Lifecycle Operations
- Operations Support
- Center of Excellence
- Spend Analytics
- Supplier Diversity Program
As a Sr. Sourcing Intern, you will be assigned to a specific team within the Sourcing organization that will best fit your interest/skills as well as meet the critical priorities relevant at the time. Within one of these teams you will engage with many aspects of VMware ensuring you receive a well-rounded, global experience. Your role could include the following activities:
- Strategic Projects: Developing an operational plan for (inbound) Software licensing and SaaS software related to VMW products. This role sets priorities, strengthen operations, establishes agreement around intended outcomes/results, and assesses and adjusts the organization’s direction in response to industry trends/changing environment.
- Analytics: Reporting and developing spend analytics supporting VMware’s capability to methodically source prioritized indirect spend commodities areas and reduce costs. This includes management of spend data capture; executive reporting; savings tracking, and performance measurement tracking.
- Influencing/Executing (developing and deploying supply strategies): This role engages with various teams across the organization to understand the services that are being sourced and may include identifying pain-points and deficiencies, identifying improvement opportunities, and proposing future state solutions. In this role you will work with the business unit stakeholders to determine the optimal strategies for the desired outcomes and collaborate to define the future strategic sourcing roadmap. The end goals being competitive pricing by suppliers delivering timely and with high quality while minimizing risk.
- Process Improvements: Leading process improvement / re-engineering efforts in major Strategic Sourcing projects e.g. contingent workforce program rollout in APAC/EMEA, Identifying and targeting ROI/adoption of enterprise level tools as well as collaborating with various business stakeholders to drive initiatives and programs. This role also provides thought leadership on Strategic Sourcing process best practices enabled by market research, analysis, and benchmarking.
- Engineering or technical background preferred
- Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Proven success working and adapting in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, team player, information seeker, takes ownership
- Must currently be enrolled in MBA program
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is available to MBA-level interns only. Internship is 12 weeks during summer 2021.