Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This role will provide analytical insight and support for Waste Management’s (WM) financial risk management (FRM) initiatives and capital markets activities. While this position will have recurring responsibilities, a significant component of this role will be taking on continuous improvement and efficiency projects for the Treasury & Risk Management team.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Participates in the evaluation of the company’s financing activities, which includes senior notes, tax-exempt debt, commercial paper and credit facilities.
- Assists with oversight of borrowing activities under the company’s commercial paper program including managing relationships with dealers, analyzing appropriate tenors, and negotiating pricing.
- Manages the administration of existing debt portfolio including covenant compliance for credit facilities, senior notes and tax-exempt debt.
- Evaluates interest rate and foreign currency exposures, develop strategies for risk mitigation and provide recommendations to Treasury & Risk Management leadership.
- Assists with preparing summarized reports and presentations to aid in Senior Leadership Team and Board of Director discussions.
- Assists with preparing materials for rating agencies and investors.
- Prepares long-term forecasts for both interest expense and cash interest paid.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for various departments within the finance group.
- Work to build on & improve Treasury & Risk Management reporting via PowerBI.
- Assists with defining financial policies, procedures and work instructions, particularly with respect to interest rate risk management (fixed/floating, pre-issuance hedging, etc.), debt portfolio management (maturity profile, currency mix, investor diversity, etc.), and foreign currency risk management (net asset exposure, cross currency interest rate arbitrage, etc.).
- Work closely with internal groups including Accounting, Tax, Corporate Finance and Legal on Treasury & Risk Management related projects.
- Take on ad hoc / special projects for Treasury & Risk Management team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Master’s Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited)and six (6) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years relevant work experience (in addition to education requirements).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None Required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel and financial modelling skills;
- Strong quantitative, organization, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication skills, ability to multitask, and high attention to detail;
- High level of emotional intelligence, integrity, motivation and curiosity;
- Continuous learning / improvement mindset;
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”