Full Job Description
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Corporate & Investment Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. A trusted partner to our clients, we provide corporate and transactional banking; commercial real estate lending and servicing; investment banking; equity; and fixed income solutions including sales, trading, and research capabilities to corporate, commercial real estate, government, and institutional clients across the globe.
Associate level investment banker focusing on the Diversified Industrials Sector, including Capital Goods & Services companies. WFS Associates are an integral part of the Investment Banking team. They are directly involved in the design, origination, structuring and execution of advisory and capital markets products and services for existing and prospective clients. The opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing organization that provides a culture dedicated to teamwork and mutual respect awaits you.
- Associate will be involved in the origination, structuring and execution of M&A and Corporate Finance transactions for targeted clients in the Diversified Industrials / Capital Goods & Services Sector, within Industrials Corporate & Investment Banking
- Provide strong support and leverage to senior bankers (VPs, Ds & MDs) by taking on responsibility and ownership of pitches/projects
- Help manage a team of Analysts, providing guidance and oversight
- Partner with product teams, including M&A, Equities, High Grade, High Yield and Loan Syndications
- Lead pitch preparation through active idea generation, financial modeling and strategic analysis
- Participate in transaction execution, including modeling, diligence and credit approval
- Location: Charlotte, NC (Duke Energy Center)
Associates are an integral part of the Investment Banking and Capital Markets team. They are directly involved in the design, origination, structuring and execution of investment banking products and services for existing and prospective clients. Specific Associate responsibilities include: creating detailed financial models used for valuation (DCF, LBO, merger plans, accretion/dilution, comparable company and transaction analysis); preparing marketing documents, including pitch materials, confidential offering memoranda, management presentations, fairness opinions and board presentations; conducting extensive financial and industry due diligence to evaluate the risk/return parameters of a transaction; supporting senior bankers in their relationship management responsibilities, including interaction with current and prospective clients; and managing, developing and mentoring analysts and other support staff. Associates participate in client meetings, due diligence visits and other client interactions during which they gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers. The Associate provides these services as part of a team consisting of Analysts, Vice Presidents, Directors, and Managing Directors.
Interested candidates should apply via this website and should NOT contact the hiring manager directly.
These individuals are part of a formal training/rotational program within the securities and investment Banking and Capital Markets Divisions and are on a defined “career path” to be Associates and are directly involved in client activities.
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of professional work experience demonstrated through work or military experience
Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of capital markets or investment banking industry experience; or 3+ years of financial services industry experience
- MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with academic distinction and coursework in financial accounting or corporate finance
- 3+ years of professional work experience, including 2 years of Investment Banking transactional experience
- Experience in investment banking preferred
- Passion for Industrials sector a plus
- Professional experience through internships, part-time or full time work, and/or extracurricular activities
- Dedication to building a career in Investment Banking
- Willingness to work long hours in a demanding, highly focused collaborative and fast paced team environment with a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 79 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC