At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is currently in search of high-performance graduate interns this summer, pursuing their MBA, or other Master’s degree, to join our Graduate Intern Program. This internship offers motivated students with the opportunity to work directly with clients, develop project deliverables, collaborate closely with project teams, network and build relationships within our organization, and participate in all programs and events available to our employees, in addition to developing core consulting skills that will prepare them for a career in consulting.
Graduate interns may be considered for a full-time opportunity with West Monroe at the conclusion of the internship. The level at the firm will be based on pre-MBA/graduate school experience as well as performance during the internship.
Candidates must apply for one of the following areas:
- Consumer & Industrial Products
- Customer Experience
- Energy & Utilities
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Operations Excellence
You will have the opportunity to select the practice area of interest that aligns with your career goals during the online application process, so please only apply once. Opportunities may be available in various office locations, depending on the practice area. Locations include Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, New York City, and Seattle, which will be specified during the application process.
· Client Delivery:
- Work directly with clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Work closely with the line of business stakeholders to map existing or develop new business processes
- Participate in client workshops focused designing future state business process and requirements by working with the team to prepare for and facilitate
- Support business and technical requirements gathering and process mapping
- Work closely with the team on program evaluations against industry leading practices across industries
· Program Management
- Participate in the creation of project-related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and status reports
- Work closely with engagement team to reduce project risk
- Work closely with members of West Monroe as well as our clients to establish rapport
· Business and Practice Development
- Participate in the business development process by assisting in the development of project approaches and proposals
- Participate in the practice development process by assisting in the development of tools, methodologies, templates, and techniques used by West Monroe on client assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; MBA or other Master’s degree in process
- 2 to 6 years of experience working in a collaborative team-based, professional environment
- Experience working directly with external clients/internal stakeholders
- Experience in developing work plans, project scopes, and business analysis
- Strong project management and organizational skills, detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and decision-making; develop a sense of urgency, respond or escalate, as appropriate
- Demonstrate interest and understanding of the preferred practice area
- Prior experience in consulting is preferred, but not required
- Experience with implementations, business requirements gathering, vendor evaluation, or scoping a technology or software platform is helpful
- Strong presentation skills; experience with creating or delivering presentations
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications, and client relations skills
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 80% is required
- Ability to relocate to the city where the opportunity is based for the duration of the internship
Join our team and make an impact.
Please complete the online application on West Monroe’s Grad Careers site prior to the interviews.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About West Monroe
As a national consulting firm that was born in technology, and built for business, we partner with organizations who want to drive progress, and deliver results. We build multidisciplinary teams that combine the industry and technology experience you need to address your challenges, and the operational skills to make sure change happens—and sticks. Because we are 100% employee owned, we’re all responsible for success. Every project. Every time. Bottom line: Our undeniably different approach—from idea all the way to impact—delivers real, tangible results.