ABOUT THE JOB:
WSC seeks a driven, analytical and highly versatile leader to partner with the company’s corporate strategy group and senior functional leadership, focusing on key strategic initiatives that are critical in fueling the organization’s growth over the next 5 – 10 years. This high-visibility position will help in the ideation, evaluation and execution of high impact, cross-functional value drivers and value enablers that not only drive top line growth and margin expansion, but also help enhance the overall customer experience. Jointly reporting to the VP of Strategy and the SVP of Finance/Commercial/Operations, this role will help facilitate a wide range strategic, commercial or operations projects, including but not limited to – M&A pipeline management, pre-deal due diligence (financial, synergies etc.), market and competitive analysis, sales coverage model, vertical market strategy, adjacent market entry, product positioning, pricing, inventory management, logistics optimization, capital allocation, management reporting and more. Many such assignments could be ambiguous in nature and require a highly motivated, independent and intellectually curious individual who can frame situations through multiple lenses, leverage the right resources and lead through influence to help chart a path forward.
WSC has a highly collaborative culture and the successful candidate will work effectively with a broad group of senior executives, peers, or external partners to perform the above responsibilities. This opportunity will provide a great launch pad to senior functional leadership or general management roles within the organization for the right candidate.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from a top tier program with a focus on finance, strategy or general management strongly preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in business analytics, operations, finance, product management, investment banking or strategy consulting
- Experience in leading, assisting or project managing large scale, complex or high impact projects in a corporate or academic setting
- Proficient in financial data modeling (forecasting, valuation etc.) with prior experience or interest in big data analytics and statistical modelling and analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint, experience in other data visualization or BI Tools like Tableau, SQL etc. a plus
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills with the ability to lead through influence and build coalitions among key stakeholders and decision makers towards a common goal
- Strong business acumen and broad familiarity with various facets of the business operations to help facilitate cross-functional assignments
- Excellent organizational change-management skills operating in matrix or other ambiguous, complex organizational structure