Welcome to the Consulting Community
We are here to keep you connected to what’s happening in the consulting industry. You will find information about career opportunities, CDO events, relevant news, resources and student associations. Welcome to the CDO!
- Sample Companies
- Sample Functional Roles
- Consulting is a competitive industry with a highly structured timeline. Partner with the Career Development Office to understand the process. Consultants provide management advice within a strategic, organizational, or operational context to help organizations improve their performance. This industry appeals to many because it is open to diverse backgrounds and work experiences. However, you must demonstrate and articulate concrete examples of analytical and critical thinking skills. Understanding what consultants do and the transferable skills you have is key. Typical Student Profile 670+ GMAT and 3.5+ GPA are highly desirable. Some firms may have higher requirements. GMAT preferred over GRE.For more information, view the CDO’s Consulting Roadmap.
- Accenture | AlixPartners | Alvarez & Marsal | Arthur D. Little | AT Kearney | Boston Consulting Group | Deloitte Consulting | Ernst & Young | Exponent | EY-Parthenon | FTI Consulting | Gartner | GEP Consulting | Infosys Consulting | Kalypso | KPMG | L.E.K. Consulting | McKinsey & Company | North Highland Consulting | Opportune | PwC | Rand Group | Roland Berger | Strategy& | West Monroe Partners | Wood Mackenzie*Employment with a specific company is not guaranteed.
- Associate | Consultant | Consultant, M&A Strategy & Operations | Deal Strategy Senior Associate | Manager | Senior Associate | Senior Business Consultant | Senior Consultant | Senior Consultant, Financial Advisory | Senior Consultant, Restructuring – Corporate Finance*Employment within a specific job function or title is not guaranteed.
2022 Alumni Career Panel Series: Consulting
This is a great resource for those who want to gain insight from Rice Business alumni who work in the Consulting industry. This workshop took place on July 1, 2022 featuring:
- Teddy Bucher – Engagement Manager at McKinsey – Class of 2019
- Kelly DeMoya – Senior Strategy Consultant at Accenture – Class of 2021
- Matthew Thurman – Former Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Company & Co-Founder of WayFinder Consulting Prep – Class of 2015
The Career Development Office is happy to sponsor access to RocketBlocks for Rice Business students interested in consulting and technology. RocketBlocks offers comprehensive, skills-driven case interview and product management interview prep and was built by experts from McKinsey, BCG, Google and Amazon.
Please view this resource to learn more and register your account.
What is WayFinder?
Consulting Prep Series sponsored by the CDO.
Curious to learn more about WayFinder and what it means to work in consulting? Check out this series of videos to understand more!
Rocket Blocks – Consulting Getting Started Guide
List of Consulting Firms that Sponsor H1B Visas
A Comprehensive Guide to Case Interview Prep
Resume Keywords: Consulting Action Words
Consulting Cover Letter: Ultimate Guide
Strategy Simplified – Management Consulted Podcast
Consulting Resumes – CDO Presentation
Management Consulted – Free Resources
10 Questions to Ask During a Consulting Information Interview
Why do 97% of candidates get rejected from McKinsey, BCG and Bain?
(Hint: they haven’t learned how to think and speak like real MBB consultants)
2021 Career Edge Industry Series: Consulting
This is a great resource for those who want to learn more about consulting and gain insight from Rice alumni who work in the consulting industry. To view the consulting career edge panel, please click here.