Welcome to the Real Estate Community
- Sample Companies
- Sample Functional Roles
- Real Estate has become an area of solid interest for our MBA students over time. Rice Business has a strong real estate faculty, including both tenured and tenure-track professors, as well as successful, respected practitioners in the various sectors in which a student might pursue a real estate career. We boast a broad array of elective courses to flesh out our Real Estate Concentration. The CDO in coordination with Rice Business’ real estate faculty and External Relations creates networking opportunities and events that engage our many alumni who are distinguished in the industry. We welcome you to connect with the CDO and the Real Estate Organization to take advantage of all that the Jones School has to offer.
- CBRE | Davis Commercial Real Estate | FPA MultiFamily | HFF | Hines | Jones Lang LaSalle Americas | Lionstone Investments | Lovett Commercial Real Estate Development | MedSite Partners | Midway Companies | Parkway Properties | Read-King Commercial Real Estate | Rice Management Company | Stewart Title | USAA Real Estate | Weingarten Realty Investors | Whitestone REIT*Employment with a specific company is not guaranteed.
- Acquisitions Intern | Commercial Brokerage Intern | Development Intern | FP&A Intern | Investment and Development | Investment Intern, Real Estate | MBA Intern, Finance Planning & Analysis | MBA Summer Associate | Real Estate Development Intern | Real Estate Intern (Site Selection) | Strategic Initiatives Intern | Summer Associate | Summer Investment Associate | Tenant Rep Intern*Employment within a specific job function or title is not guaranteed.
2022 Alumni Career Panel Series: Real Estate
This is a great resource for those who want to gain insight from Rice Business alumni who work in the Real Estate industry. This workshop took place on July 6, 2022 featuring:
- Armistead Burks – Principal at Burloc Development Company – Class of 2005
- Chris Rector – Managing Director / COO – Southwest US/Mexico/Central America at Hines – Class of 2015
- Zach Dobin – Principal at Triten Real Estate Partners – Class of 2020
Rice / Rice Business Real Estate Resources
Rice Business Real Estate Networking List
Current students, click here, to access the Rice Business professional networking list. Students must be logged in to view this resource.
Real Estate Faculty Page
Real Estate Investment and Development Online Short Course – Executive Education
Rice Management Company (Investment arm of Rice, including Real Estate)
Professional Real Estate Organizations
Rice Business Real Estate Organization
ULI – Urban Land Institute (offers a heavily subsidized student membership)
CoreNet GLobal – The Global Association for Corporate Real Estate (Young Leaders program, too)
CCIM Institute – The Certified Institute
NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association
ICSC – International Council of Shopping Centers
CREW Network– Corporate Real Estate Women Network
NMHC – National Multi-Family Housing Council
Real Estate Activities and Case Competitions
UlI Hines Student Competition (held annually – Rice Business competes)
The Case Competition (sponsored by multiple B-Schools)
NAIOP Golden Shovel Competition
UT McCombs Real Estate Challenge
UNC Real Estate Development Challenge
Cornell International Case Competition
2021 Career Edge Industry Series: Real Estate
This is a great resource for those who want to learn more about real estate and gain insight from Rice alumni who work in the real estate industry. To view the real estate career edge panel, please click here.
Written by Jack Kelly for Forbes, published on Jun 01, 2023
Employment scams cost workers about $2 billion in direct losses each year, according to the Better Business Bureau. In the first quarter of 2022, around 14 million people were …
After years as a manager, you’ve finally landed your first executive role!
This is an exciting development but can also be a difficult one, as not every manager successfully transitions into an executive role. For instance, one corporation found that …
Congratulations! You’ve accepted a job offer and are getting ready to begin your new opportunity. While it’s tempting to sit back and relax until you start your new job, taking advantage of this period can make a significant difference in …
In the realm of job interviews, one question frequently takes center stage: “Why are you looking for a new job?”
The query demands a thoughtful response, especially in today’s competitive professional landscape. This question often arises because prospective employers want …
In an attempt to continue to improve our corporate and employer relationships this year we are instating a career event attendance policy. This policy serves the purpose of helping maintain positive relationships with our recruiters.
These are the highlights of …