Welcome to the Technology Community
- Sample Companies
- Sample Functional Roles
- We are here to keep you connected to what’s happening in the technology industry. You will find information about career opportunities, CDO events, relevant news, resources and student associations.
- Amazon Inc. | Autodesk | Centre Technologies | Cisco | Dell Technologies | Google | HP Inc. | HPE | IBM | Inhance Technologies | Intel | Octavo Systems | re:3D | Tesla, Inc. | Tradiv | Umbel | VMware | Zdaly | Zensar Technologies*Employment with a specific company is not guaranteed.
- MBA Summer Intern – Marketing | Business Development Intern | Business Strategist | Commercial Marketing Intern | Controllership Rotational Intern | Finance Analyst Intern | Finance Associate – MBA Intern | Financial Analyst Intern | Global Supply Management Intern | MBA Summer Associate Finance | Pathways Operations Intern | Pathways Operations Manager | Premium Notebook Product Manager | Product Management Intern | Product Marketing Manager | Product Planning & Strategy Summer Intern | Product Planning Intern | Sales Finance Intern | Senior Product Manager Technical Intern | Strategy Analyst – MBA Intern | Strategy and Business Planning Intern | Strategy and Product Management Intern – Startup*Employment within a specific job function or title is not guaranteed.
2022 Alumni Career Panel Series: Technology
This is a great resource for those who want to gain insight from Rice Business alumni who work in the Technology industry. This workshop took place on June 24, 2022 featuring:
- Larry Martin – Data Center Capacity Analyst at Apple – Class of 2013
- Mark Anderson – Chief of Staff at HPE – Class of 2021
- Rafeh Muhammad – Senior Director, Business Operations & Strategy at SiriusXM – Class of 2015
The Career Development Office is happy to sponsor access to RocketBlocks for Rice Business students interested in consulting and technology. RocketBlocks offers comprehensive, skills-driven case interview and product management interview prep and was built by experts from McKinsey, BCG, Google and Amazon.
Please view this resource to learn more and register your account.
Amazon Leadership Principles: Questions and Interview Tips
Get prepared for your Amazon interview by studying their 14 Leadership Principles. It isn’t surprising that getting a job at one of the big tech companies like Amazon, Google, or Facebook can present quite a challenge. The interviews for these companies have become almost as famous as the companies themselves. Continue reading by clicking this link.
The Career Development Office is proud to partner with Dr. Nancy Li this year to bring Product Management and Casing Interview programming for Rice MBAs interested in tech. Go to OWL Careers to register for available dates for Fall 2023.
Before attending the workshops, we highly recommend checking out Dr. Nancy Li’s YouTube channel to get a glimpse of her expertise. You can find her channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/drnancyli. It’s a great way to familiarize yourself with the topics she’ll be covering.
HTX TechList is the leading resource for in-depth information about Houston startups, investors, hubs, and corporations. HTX TechList is a free to use tool that we invite all Houston startups, investors, and startup development organizations to be a part of. Join the TechList for unrivaled access and connectivity to Houston’s tech ecosystem!
The product marketing resume
The first step to landing a great product marketing role is having a strong resume. In a product marketing job search, you are the product, your experience is the value proposition, and your target audience is the recruiter or hiring manager. If you are unsure how to put together a resume that helps you shine, this post will help. This article goes over principles like length and format, core PMM skills, and review a few resume examples.
New year, new you, right? Except that New Year’s resolutions are a lot easier said than done. It’s one thing to reassess the last year and another thing entirely to implement changes this year. That’s largely why only nine percent …
Written by Jack Kelly for Forbes, published on Jun 01, 2023
Employment scams cost workers about $2 billion in direct losses each year, according to the Better Business Bureau. In the first quarter of 2022, around 14 million people were …
After years as a manager, you’ve finally landed your first executive role!
This is an exciting development but can also be a difficult one, as not every manager successfully transitions into an executive role. For instance, one corporation found that …
Congratulations! You’ve accepted a job offer and are getting ready to begin your new opportunity. While it’s tempting to sit back and relax until you start your new job, taking advantage of this period can make a significant difference in …
In the realm of job interviews, one question frequently takes center stage: “Why are you looking for a new job?”
The query demands a thoughtful response, especially in today’s competitive professional landscape. This question often arises because prospective employers want …